Neha Patil (Editor)

Echo of Moscow

Updated on
Share on FacebookTweet on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Reddit
Covid-19
Website  http://echo.msk.ru
Founder  Sergey Korzoun
First air date  August 22, 1990
Owner  Gazprom-Media
Founded  22 August 1990
Echo of Moscow httpsuploadwikimediaorgwikipediacommonsthu
Broadcast area  Russia Chicago Bishkek
Profiles
YouTubeFacebookTwitterInstagram

Russia media censorship radio station echo of moscow warned for donetsk airport reports


Echo of Moscow (Russian: Э́хо Москвы́, Ekho Moskvy) is a Russian radio station based in Moscow, broadcasting in many Russian cities, some of the former-Soviet republics (through partnerships with local radio stations), and via the Internet.

Contents

Moscow echo of moscow radiostation


General overview

Most of Echo of Moscow's content consists of news and talk shows focusing on social and political issues, where the station tries to represent different points of view. The current senior editor is Alexey Venediktov. Radio hosts of the station include Victor Shenderovich, Yulia Latynina, Sergey Parkhomenko, Yevgenia Albats, Vladimir Kara-Murza, Vladimir Ryzhkov, Maria Gaidar, Yevgeny Yasin and Sophie Shevardnadze. As of April 2014 Yulia Latynina is the most popular presenter at the radio station. In addition to broadcasting, Echo of Moscow runs a website that publishes analytical and factual materials in a variety of fields including international and domestic political affairs, social developments and cultural trends. The articles are written by members of the so-called Echo of Moscow Club, an honorary group of political analysts, academic researchers, columnists and public figures. Among the site's authors are Boris Akunin, Dmitrii Bykov, Matvey Ganapolsky, Eduard Limonov, Alexey Navalny, Valeriya Novodvorskaya, Victor Shenderovich, and a number of others, who have sustained national and international acclaim in their areas of expertise. The Echo of Moscow site is an authoritative source of information, and its publications are regularly cited, relied on and reproduced by major Russian internet publications and other media sources.

As of 2005 Echo of Moscow was majority owned by Gazprom Media which holds 66% of its shares, the remaining 34% are held by journalist staff.

Approximately 900,000 people in Moscow and 1,8 millions in other Russian regions listen to Echo of Moscow daily. According to TNS Global (Moscow, summer 2011) the most common listeners are middle class and upper middle class Russians 40 years and older with a higher education residing in the city of Moscow. They make up one third of total listeners of the radio station. The radio programs can be also be streamed online and available in audio and video pod-cast formats on the Echo of Moscow website.

Critics and controversy

In September 2009 numerous chief editor replies point out that Gazprom and/or other stock-holders did not interfere with informational policy and were not allowed to.

On 1 November 2014 the station received an official Roskomnadzor warning that a program the station had aired about Ukraine contained "information justifying war crimes". A radio station can be closed down if it receives two Roskomnadzor warnings in one year.

Frequencies

  • Abakan — 71.06, 104.2 FM
  • Barnaul — 69.11 FM
  • Chelyabinsk — 70.70, 99.5 FM
  • Chicago — 1330 AM
  • Ekaterinburg — 67.46, 91.4 FM
  • Izhevsk — 105.3 FM
  • Irkutsk — 69.5 FM
  • Kazan — 105.8 FM
  • Krasnoyarsk — 106.6 FM
  • Makhachkala — 105.2 FM
  • Mirny — 102.4 FM
  • Moscow — 69.8, 91.2 FM
  • Nizhnevartovsk — 107.0 FM
  • Nizhny Novgorod — 107.4 FM
  • Orenburg — 101.3 FM
  • Omsk — 70.55, 105.0 FM
  • Penza — 107.5 FM
  • Perm — 91.2 FM
  • Rostov-na-Donu — 69.44 FM
  • Samara — 99.1 FM
  • Saint Petersburg — 91.5 FM
  • Saratov, Engels — 105.8 FM
  • Tolyatti — 107.9 FM
  • Tomsk — 105.0 FM
  • Tyumen — 72.44 FM
  • Tver — 107.2 FM
  • Ufa — 91.1 FM
  • Ukhta — 105.0 FM
  • Vladikavkaz, Beslan — 102.8 FM
  • Vologda — 105.7 FM
  • Yaroslavl — 106.5 FM
  • Zelenogorsk — 71.06 FM
  • References

    Echo of Moscow Wikipedia


    Topics
     
    B
    i
    Link
    H2
    L