|Name I.V.Chalapati Rao||Role Author|
|Full Name Iyyanki Venkata Chalapati Rao|
Born 25 April 1923 (age 92) (1923-04-25) Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, India
Occupation Educationist, writer, editor
Awards Pratibha Rajiv Award – 2009 for Outstanding Contribution to the Field of Education
Books College Teachers And Administrators
Iyyanki Venkata Chalapati Rao, better known as I. V. Chalapati Rao, is an Indian scholar, public speaker, teacher and editor. He has authored over 25 books on education, communication, management and biography. He has also reviewed and wrote prefaces and forewords to over one hundred books of well-known writers in English and Telugu.
He is a visiting faculty for many universities, national training institutions and academic staff colleges across the country. He specializes in communication skills, Indian ethos and culture, purpose of life, personality development and related topics.
Chalapati Rao was born to a well-to-do family in 1923; he lost his father when he was 15. He graduated from Pithapuram Rajah College Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, India. After graduation, he moved to Nagpur (Maharashtra, India) to pursue his dream of postgraduate study in English Literature.
He began his career as a lecturer in 1946 and subsequently went on to become the Head of the Department of English in both private and government colleges. From 1960 to 1971 he was principal of S.R.R. College, Karimnagar and P. R. College, Kakinada (Andhra Pradesh, India ), both government degree colleges. In 1971 he became the Deputy Director of Public Instruction, Deputy Director of Higher Education, and later worked as Professor and Director of State Council of Educational Research and Training at Hyderabad.
He has authored 28 books on education, management, culture and other varied subjects.
He has served in various positions for several prestigious institutions. They include: Registrar of Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages (CIEFL), Hyderabad, Co-ordinator, Association of Indian Universities (Regional Centre), Director, Vivekananda School of Management, accredited to Newport University, California (United States), Consultant, Commissionerate of Higher Education, Member Secretary of the committee to advise Government in forming State Council of Higher Education, Member, Andhra Mahila Sabha, Hyderabad Member, Standing Board of Inquiry, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh, India).
He has been Visiting Professor / Resource Person for Academic Staff Colleges of Osmania University(India), University of Hyderabad (India), Sri Venkateswara University (India), Andhra University (India) and Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Indian Airlines (Management Training Center), Bharat Dynamics Limited (Hyderabad, India), Survey of India, Commissioner of Collegiate and Intermediate Education and Ramakrishna Math, Vivekananda Institute of Human Excellence, Hyderabad (India). He was Chairman of Forum for Higher Education.
He has been the Chief Editor, "Triveni" – a Literary and Cultural Quarterly of India published since 1927 and Editor, "Twilight Life" – Organ of the Association for the care of the Elderly
List of works
- Life of Mahatma Gandhi (1969, Published by Government of Andhra Pradesh)
- Lives of Great Men (1969, Published by Government of Andhra Pradesh)
- Lecture Methods and Auxiliary Means of Higher Education (1973, Government Press)
- Use of Library as Enrichment to Teaching ( Monograph) (1974, Government Press)
- Examinations in Higher Education (Monograph) (1974, Government Press)
- Rhythms in Teaching Culture (1978)
- Nerella Venu Madhav – Mono Acting and Mimicry (1978, Trust Publisher)
- Our Centres of Learning (1978, Lalitha and co.)
- Rhythms in the Teaching Culture of Higher Education(1981, Bhasha Kuteeram)
- Durgabai Deshmukh (1984, Published by Department of Information and Cultural Affairs )
- The Fifth Estate (1984)
- R.V.K.M.Surya Rau Bahadur – Maharaja of Pithapuram (1987, Published by Telugu University)-Awarded as "The Best Biography of the Year"
- Andhra Ratna Duggirala Gopalakrishnaiah (1988, Published by Telugu University)
- From Farm House to Rashtrapati Bhavan (Biography of President N. Sanjiva Reddy) (1989, Book Links Corp)
- Sankara (1992, Published by International Centre of Telugu University)
- College Teachers and Administrators (1992, Book Links Corp)
- Tanguturi Prakasam, The Journey of My Life – An Autobiography (Tr)(Released by Former Prime Minister P. V. Narasimha Rao) (1992, Book Links Corp)
- Let's be Worthy of Our Gandhi (1994)
- Serving the Society Through Industry – Life of K V K Raju (1995, Published by Nagarjuna Group)
- Great Lives (1996, Published by Andhra Pradesh Open University)
- Madduri Annapoornayya (1999)
- My Life is My Message – Sathya Sai Baba (1999)
- Communication and Leadership (1999, Book Links Corp)
- Culture Capsules – Art of Living (2002, Yabaluri Raghaviah Memorial Trust)
- Ancient Wisdom and Modern Insights (2003, Yabaluri Raghaviah Memorial Trust)
- Indian Renaissance (2004, Yabaluri)
- Living Through Changing Times (2007, Yabaluri)
- Vidya Rangamulo Samasyalu (Telugu) (Telugu Vidyardhi)
Translations into English
- Thyagaraja's Kritis
- Ramadasu's Kirtanas
- Kshetrayya Padas
- Rayaprolu Subba Rao's poem
- Write up on Annamacharya
From 1992, I.V.Chalapati Rao has been the editor of the 83 years old "Triveni", a Literary and Cultural Quarterly of India, published by Triveni Foundation. He has published several editorials in "Triveni" including: