Developed by Andy Yekes
Languages Spanish, English
Genre Preschool education
First episode date 2005
|Created by David CantollaLuis GallegoGuillermo Garcia|
Written by Guillermo García CarsíAndy Yerkes
Directed by Guillermo García CarsíDavid CantollaAlfonso Rodriguez
Narrated by Jose María del Río (Castilian Spanish)Stephen Fry (English)Stephen Hughes (English, 3rd and 4th seasons)
Cast Stephen Fry, Alex Marty, Montana Smedley, Courtney Webb, Jose María del Río, Stephen Hughes
Networks YouTube, PBS Kids, Channel 5, CITV, ITV, Nick Jr.
Program creators David Cantolla, Guillermo García Carsí, Luis Gallego
Similar Let's Go Pocoyo, Mike the Knight, Dora the Explorer, Olivia, Blaze and the Monster
POCOYO in ENGLISH - The Master Key | Full Episodes | VIDEOS and CARTOONS for KIDS
Pocoyo (Pocoyó in Spanish) is a Spanish-British pre-school animated television series created by Guillermo García Carsí, Colman López, Luis Gallego and David Cantolla, and is a co-production between Spanish producer Zinkia Entertainment, Cosgrove-Hall Films and Granada International. Two series have been produced, each consisting of 52 seven-minute episodes. English actor and comedian Stephen Fry narrates the English-language version and José María del Río narrates the Castilian Spanish version of the first two seasons, while Stephen Hughes narrates the third season, called Let's Go Pocoyo.
- POCOYO in ENGLISH The Master Key Full Episodes VIDEOS and CARTOONS for KIDS
- Main characters
- Recurring characters
- Episode list
- Series 1 200507
- Series 2 200610
- Lets Go Pocoyo
- Spin off
- DVD releases
Set in a 3D space, with a plain white background and usually no backdrops, it is about Pocoyo, a 4-year-old boy, interacting with his friends Pato (a duck), Elly (an elephant) and Loula (a dog). Viewers are encouraged to recognize situations that Pocoyo is in, and things that are going on with or around him. The narrator usually speaks explicitly to the viewers and to the characters as well. Each character has its own distinctive dance and also a specific sound (usually from a musical instrument), and most episodes end with the characters dancing. Many episodes also involve parties.
In the United Kingdom, it was originally broadcast on CITV, a children's strand on the ITV network. In September 2005, Channel 5 acquired terrestrial rights in the United Kingdom to the first and second series, making it part of the Milkshake! strand. The show, however, will continue to air on the CITV Channel. Other broadcasters in the English speaking countries include RTÉ in the Republic of Ireland, Syndication, HBO Family, and Nick Jr. in the U.S. nationwide and local station KCET-TV as well as KLCS-TV channel 58-2 in Los Angeles and on Univision in LATAM Spanish, Treehouse TV in Canada, ABC in Australia and TVNZ in New Zealand.
In Russia, Pocoyo is aired on children's channel Carousel.
In the Philippines, Pocoyo was aired on Disney Junior.
In Spain, TVE2 started broadcasting the second series in April 2007. The third season began airing in 2010 under the title Let's Go Pocoyo and was designed to teach English to Spanish preschoolers. The makers also wish to embark upon other projects, one of which may be a Pocoyo movie.
In June 2006, Pocoyo was awarded the Cristal Award for the "Best TV Production" at the 30th Annecy International Animated Film Festival.
Pocoyo's name was provided by David Cantolla, one of the creators, after his then three-year-old daughter used it in her nightly prayers saying "Eres niño poco yo" ("You're a child little me") instead of "Eres niño como yo" ("You're a child like me"). "Pocoyó" could roughly be translated to English as "little me", "not much me" or "a little bit me", though it is a made-up construction.
The show is created with Softimage XSI software.
To date three series have been produced, each with 52 episodes. There is also an unreleased episode entitled "The See-Saw",
Series 1 (2005–07)
The following is based on the YouTube Pocoyo Channel:
- Umbrella, Umbrella
- Drum Roll Please
- Swept Away
- Who's On the Phone?
- Fetch Loula Fetch
- A Little Cloud
- A Present for Elly
- Pocoyo Dance
- The Big Sneeze
- A Mystery Most Puzzling
- Double Bubble
- The Key To It All
- Keep Going, Pocoyo!
- Sleepy Bird's Surprise
- Where's Pocoyo? (without Elly and Pato)
- Drummer Boy
- The Great Race
- Don't Touch!
- Mystery Footprints
- Magical Watering Can
- Table for Fun
- Twinkle Twinkle – A star falls from the night sky, and Elly tries to put it back in place
- Hiccup – Pato's friends try to help him get rid of the hiccups.
- Pato's Postal Service – Pocoyo wants to send a letter, and Pato becomes a postal carrier.
- Puppy Love
- Bat and Ball
- Elly's Spots
- Up Up and Away
- A Surprise for Pocoyo
- Having a Ball
- Super Pocoyo
- Let's Go Camping
- Pocoyo lunch
- Elly's Big Chase
- Pocoyo Gets it Right
- Juggling Balls
- Fussy Duck
- A Dog's Life
- Picture This
- Whale's Birthday
- Pocoyo's Little Friend
- Color My World
- A Little Something Between Friends
- Giggle Bug
- What's in the Box?
- Musical Blocks
- Paint Me a Picture!
- Elly's Doll
- Wackily Ever After
Series 2 (2006–10)
- Mr. Big Duck (Pato finds a pair of sunglasses)
- Guess What? (The viewers try to guess what objects Pocoyo is hiding)
- All for One
- Band of Friends
- Upside Down
- Mad Mix Machine – Pocoyo takes peoples things without asking and mixes them with other objects.
- The Messy Guest – Pocoyo's friends are upset that he made a mess.
- New on the Planet – A little green alien comes to visit Pocoyo's world.
- Pocoyo's Present – Elly tries to get Pocoyo to open a present for her.
- Elly's Ballet Class – Elly gets Pocoyo, Pato, Baby Bird, and Caterpillar to star in her ballet class, but she is too bossy.
- Pocoyo's Balloon
- Who's Calling Me Now? – Pocoyo, Pato, Elly, and Loula make Baby Bird upset after teasing each other with different whistles.
- Big Scary Slide – Pocoyo tries to conquer his fear of going down a giant slide.
- Elly's Shoes – Elly gets new shoes and refuses to take them off.
- Duck Stuck –
- Scary Noises – Pato is scared of an orange alien after the tailfin of the Vamoosh goes missing.
- Not in my Backyard! – People are littering throughout Pocoyo's world.
- Vamoosh on the Loosh – Baby Bird takes a joyride on the Vamoosh and Pocoyo and Pato chases after him.
- Detective Pocoyo – Elly's doll goes missing, and Detective Pocoyo helps her find it.
- Scooter Madness – Pato breaks Elly's scooter.
- Lost in Space – The little green alien and Pocoyo get lost.
- Boo! – Pocoyo decides to scare his friends, but they don't like it.
- Party Pooper – Pocoyo only wants his friends to play his way at his party.
- My Pato! – Elly and Pocoyo have a quarrel over who gets to play with Pato.
- Baby Bird Bother – Baby Bird starts following Pocoyo around.
- Dirty Dog -Loula is dirty, and Pocoyo, Pato, and Elly try to clean her.
- The Seed – Pocoyo takes care of a seed.
- Runaway Hat – Pato's hat blows away, and he hides it from his friends.
- Invisible Pocoyo – Pocoyo turns invisible with a device that Pato made.
- Noise to my Ears
- Baby Bird Sitting – Pocoyo tries to babysit Baby Bird, but Baby Bird's noisy and messy antics leave Pocoyo in trouble.
- Everyone's Present – Pocoyo, Pato, and Elly each receive presents.
- Magic Act
- Picnic Puzzle – Food is mysteriously disappearing, and Pocoyo and Elly think Pato is to blame.
- Pocoyo's Puppet Show – Pocoyo tries to put on a puppet show.
- Pato's Egg – Pato finds an egg.
- Dance Off! – Pocoyo and Pato try to compete against each other in a dance off and it's up to Elly's Dance moves to keep it from getting out of hand.
- Get Lost Loula – After Loula cheats in hide and seek, Pocoyo forces her to leave.
- Sneaky Shoes – Pato finds a pair of shoes that help him run faster, but little does he know that the shoes have a mind of their own.
- Shutterbug – Pato is not happy with any of his pictures.
- Angry Alien – An Angry Alien tries unsuccessfully to take over.
- Pato Underwater – Pato decides to meet his friends Octopus and Whale, but finds out his toys don't work underwater.
- Pato's Paintings – Pocoyo tries to get Pato interested in painting.
- Monster Mystery
- Poczilla – Pocoyo and Pato pretend to be monsters, not realizing they're scaring off the tiny people of a city.
- Elly on Ice
- Farewell Friends
- Double Trouble – Pato makes a clone of himself so he can go on the see-saw.
- Horse! – Pocoyo loses his temper when his friends won't give him a real horse.
- Elly's Tea Party – Elly invites Pocoyo, Pato and Baby Bird over for a tea party but her bossiness nearly ruins it.
- Talent Show – Pocoyo and his friends put on a talent show.
- Remember When... – A clip episode where Pocoyo and his friends watch home movies.
- La Gran Fiesta de Pocoyó
- El Show de Pocoyó (Pocoyó y El Circo Especial)
- Pocoyo And The Space Circus
Let's Go Pocoyo
In 2010, a third season was made called Let's Go Pocoyo. It was designed to teach basic English to Spanish preschoolers. It features games, songs, activities, numbers, and letters.
Region 2 (UK/England)
Pocoyo Friendy Fun Episodes 1.41–1.13
Region 1 (US/Canada)
Region 4 (Australia/New Zealand)