1 June 1951 (age 69) Boulogne-Billancourt (
Thierry Dassault, Marie-Helene Dassault, Laurent Dassault
Les musiques originales du Futuroscope
7 March 2021 (aged 69) Touques, Calvados, France
Supermodel vanessa modely photography by olivier dassault
- Supermodel vanessa modely photography by olivier dassault
- Question au gouvernement olivier dassault 20 octobre 2015
Question au gouvernement olivier dassault 20 octobre 2015
He was the son of Nicole (née Raffel) and Serge Dassault; and the grandson of Marcel Dassault. He was elected on 16 June 2002 as deputy for the first circonscription of Oise, running on the Union for a Popular Movement (UMP) ticket. He was re-elected in 2007.
A child of the founding family of the Dassault Group, he continued to work in a number of roles within the family firm. He was president of Dassault Communications, president of the board of directors of French publisher Valmonde (a former family property), member of the board of the French financial newspaper Journal des Finances and an administrator of Dassault subsidiary Socpresse.
He was a 1974 graduate of the École de l'Air Air Force academy and had a master's degree in mathematics as well a doctorate in business management computing. He was also passionate for photography and published several books of his photos. Dassault was also a composer and musician and contributed scores for several movies in the late 70s and early 80s.
Having qualified as a professional IFR pilot in 1975, he set a number of world speed records:
• 1977: New York to Paris in a Dassault Falcon 50.
• 1987: New Orleans to Paris in a Dassault Falcon 900 (both jointly with Hervé Le Prince-Ringuet).
• 1996: Paris to Abu Dhabi in a Falcon 900 EX.
• 1996: Paris to Abu Dhabi in a Falcon 900 EX (both jointly with Guy Mitaux-Maurouard and Patrick Experton).
Dassault passed away on 7 March 2021 when the helicopter he was on crashed in Touques in northwestern France. The pilot of the helicopter was also killed, and no one else was on board.