|Years active 1985 - present|
Role Character actor
Name John Regala
Spouse(s) Vicky Schrierer
|Full Name John Manuel Regala Francisco|
Born May 28, 1965 (age 58) (1965-05-28) Manila, Philippines
Occupation Character Actor, Action Star
Religion Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ)
Movies Lipa Massacre, Manila Kingpin: The Asio, Kinatay, Remington and the Curse of t, Ligalig
Similar People Cesar Montano, Brillante Mendoza, Tikoy Aguiluz, Carlo J Caparas, Yam Laranas
Rez cortez and john regala evil on screen but good men in real life tonight with arnold clavio
John Paul Guido Boucher Scherrer (born May 28, 1965) is a Filipino actor, christian minister and environmentalist better known by his screen name as John Regala.
- Rez cortez and john regala evil on screen but good men in real life tonight with arnold clavio
- Tingga ng Katarungan Part 1 of 9 Harvest Films 1990
- Mainstream success and hiatus
- Return to acting
- Early and personal life
Regala is popularly known for portraying antagonist roles in Philippine movies and television series especially in the 90s. He is sometimes unofficially tagged as a "Bad Boy" of Philippine action films along with fellow action stars like Robin Padilla, Jeric Raval, Efren Reyes Jr., and the late Ace Vergel with the two being more known for the said nickname.
Regala is the son of former character actor Mel Francisco and former actress Ruby Regala.
- Filipino actor John Regala has been active in the film industry since 1985.
- John was born in Manila on May 28, 1965.
- Besides acting, Regala serves as a Christian minister and environmentalist.
- Regala is known for playing villain roles in Philippine films and TV shows.
- John is the son of actors Mel Francisco and Ruby Regala.
- His career began with the TV show 'That's Entertainment' in the mid-80s.
- John starred in his first action film, 'Boy Kristyano', in 1989.
- After a hiatus, Regala returned to acting and won a Best Supporting Actor award in 2011.
- He struggled with drug abuse but became a Born Again Christian after rehabilitation.
- Regala now leads an environmental organization, Project Green Evolution, Inc.
- John is married to Vicky Schrierer and they have three children.
- He faced health issues causing dizziness in August 2020.
Tingga ng Katarungan Part 1 of 9 Harvest Films 1990
Mainstream success and hiatus
Regala enters showbusiness and became a teen member of That's Entertainment, a hit Philippine TV show in the mid 80s.
He became an action star in his first action movie Boy Kristyano (1989). Then he portrayed a villain role to Ronnie Ricketts in an action packed movie Isa-Isahin ko Kayo (1990). He has also collaborated with the upcoming action star Jeric Raval when he played the lead role as Marcial "Baby" Ama (Regala's late uncle) Rudy Fernandez portrays his former role as Baby Ama in his true to life action-drama movie of 1976, Bitayin si Baby Ama. Raval played his role as Primitivo "Ebok" Ala in the true to life action-drama movie Primitivo Ebok Ala: Kalaban Mortal ni Baby Ama (1992) and he played his role as Kris Aquino's rapist-killer in the true-to-life crime drama movie The Vizconde Massacre: God Help Us (1993).
Return to acting
Regala returns to showbusiness. He has recently worked with Mart Escudero in the horror-comedy-thriller movie Zombading: Patayin Sa Shokot Si Remington (2011) One of his most notable and recent work is with his bestfriend Gov. ER Ejercito for the award-winning 2011 Metro Manila Film Festival Filipino action movie Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story (2011) while Regala himself won the Best Supporting Actor award. He has also worked with JC de Vera and Oyo Sotto for the TV drama series Valiente of TV5 (2012). He was once again made famous on ABS-CBN when he worked with Kim Chiu and Maja Salvador in Ina, Kapatid, Anak (2013), and with Coco Martin in an action-fantasy drama TV series Juan dela Cruz (2013).
Early and personal life
Regala was born in Manila to his retired showbiz parents Mel Francisco and Ruby Regala. He is a Filipino actor of Spanish, German, French and Italian descent. His showbiz career stalled due to heavy drug abuse. Later, he went to drug rehabilitation center and became a Born Again Christian and eventually became a christian minister. After some years of his life, he decided to become a member of the Iglesia ni Cristo. He later converted to Members Church of God International but went back to Iglesia ni Cristo in 2015. Regala is currently married to a non-showbiz wife (Vicky Scherrer) with three children. Regala is now an Environmentalist and work as a President and CEO of Project Green Evolution, Inc., which produces the Water Bonsai Organic Root Grower.
On August 4, 2020. Regala sought help from Carlo Martin Clariza, a delivery man and Regala's avid fan after he suffered from dizziness caused by long-standing ailments.