| Stemonaceae, Stichoneuron, Stemona, Pandanales, Liliales|
Croomia is a genus of primitive angiosperm herbs in the Stemonaceae Family described as a genus in 1840.
Once included in its own family, Croomiaceae, Croomia has also previously been included in Dioscoreaceae.
About six species.
- Croomia heterosepala (Baker) Okuyama - Japan
- Croomia hyugaensis Kadota & Mas.Saito - Kyushu
- Croomia japonica Miq. - Anhui, Fujian, Jiangxi, Zhejiang, Chugoku, Kyushu
- Croomia kinoshitae Kadota - Shikoku
- Croomia pauciflora (Nutt.) Torr. - United States (FL GA AL LA)
- Croomia saitoana Kadota - Kyushu
Croomia is native to China, Japan, and the southeastern United States. The plants grow in moist shady woods. Their small flowers are borne under the leaves.