Kalpana Kalpana (Editor)

1999 World Figure Skating Championships

Updated on
Share on FacebookTweet on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Reddit
Covid-19
Type:  ISU Championship
Season:  1998–99
Venue:  Hartwall Areena
Date:  March 20 – 28
Location:  Helsinki, Finland

The 1999 World Figure Skating Championships were held in Helsinki, Finland from March 20 through 28. Medals were awarded in the disciplines of men's singles, ladies' singles, pair skating, and ice dancing.

Contents

1999 was the first year that the qualifying competition in the Men's and Ladies' events counted towards the total score. Qualifying was 20% of the total score, the short program 30% and the free skate 50%.

Men

Referee:

  • Sally-Anne Stapleford
  • Assistant Referee:

  • Hideo Sugita
  • Judges:

  • Lone Villefrance  Denmark
  • Jan Olesinski  Poland
  • Merja Kosonen  Finland
  • Ute Boehm  Germany
  • Peter Rankin  Australia
  • Igor Prokop  Slovakia
  • Jörg Badraun   Switzerland
  • Zsofia Wagner  Hungary
  • Zoya Yordanova  Bulgaria
  • Substitute judge:

  • Vladislav Petukhov  Ukraine
  • Ladies

    Referee:

  • Britta Lindgren
  • Assistant Referee:

  • Hugh Graham
  • Judges:

  • Franco Benini  Italy
  • Marina Sanaya  Russia
  • Bettina Meier   Switzerland
  • Jiasheng Yang  China
  • Agnes Morvai  Hungary
  • Maria Hrachovcova  Slovakia
  • Christa Gunsam  Austria
  • Pekka Leskinen  Finland
  • Kenji Amako  Japan
  • Substitute judge:

  • Marianne Oeverby  Sweden
  • Pairs

    Referee:

  • Hely Abbondati
  • Assistant Referee:

  • Alexander Lakernik
  • Judges:

  • Jane Garden  Canada
  • Volker Waldeck  Germany
  • Franklin Nelson  United States
  • Anne Hardy-Thomas  France
  • Liliana Strechova  Czech Republic
  • Evgenia Bogdanova  Azerbaijan
  • Alfred Korytek  Ukraine
  • Sviatoslav Babenko  Russia
  • Maria Zuchowicz  Poland
  • Substitute judge:

  • Alexei Shirshov  Belarus
  • Ice dancing

    Referee:

  • Alexander Gorshkov
  • Assistant Referee:

  • Marie Lundmark
  • Judges:

  • Elizabeth Clark  Canada
  • Walter Zuccaro  Italy
  • Yury Balkov  Ukraine
  • Mary Parry  United Kingdom
  • Alla Shekhovtseva  Russia
  • Ulf Denzer  Germany
  • Evgenia Karnolska  Bulgaria
  • Hongguo Ren  China
  • Margaret Faulkner  United States
  • Substitute judge:

  • Heide Maritczak  Austria
  • References

    1999 World Figure Skating Championships Wikipedia


    Topics
     
    B
    i
    Link
    H2
    L