|Released 3 November 2008|
Producer Mike Crossey
Label Mercury Records
Slipway Fires (2008) Borrell 1 (2013)
Release date 3 November 2008
Nominations NME Award for Worst Album
|Recorded Air Studios, Fish Factory Studios|
Genres Indie rock, Post-punk revival, Post-punk
Similar Up All Night, Razorlight, Wettsingen in Schwetzingen, Borrell 1, Evolver
Wire to wire razorlight
Slipway Fires is the third album by English indie rock band Razorlight. The album was released on 3 November 2008.
The first single from the album, Wire to Wire, was released on 26 September 2008. It was premiered by Zane Lowe on BBC Radio 1 on 8 September 2008, and peaked at number 5 in the UK Singles Chart.
The second single taken from the album was Hostage of Love released on 12 January 2009.
Razorlight you and the rest
Overall critical response to Slipway Fires was generally negative. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album has received an average score of 52, based on 15 reviews. Drowned In Sound described it as "a headachey throb of over-production and excessive sentiment" and "about as indie as Margaret Thatcher", while the NME described them as "just a boringly competent indie band masquerading as, at best, Fleetwood Mac and, at worst, Whitesnake". Q were favourable however, commenting that "Slipway Fires requires more of your time and duly rewards it", as well as making it their album of the month.
- "Wire To Wire" - 3:05 (Borrell)
- "Hostage Of Love" - 3:44 (Borrell/Burrows)
- "You And The Rest" - 3:25 (Borrell)
- "Tabloid Lover" - 2:58 (Borrell)
- "North London Trash" - 3:28 (Borrell)
- "60 Thompson" - 2:37 (Borrell/Burrows)
- "Stinger" - 4:17 (Burrows/Borrell)
- "Burberry Blue Eyes" - 3:33 (Borrell/Burrows)
- "Blood For Wild Blood" - 3:10 (Borrell)
- "Monster Boots" - 4:34 (Borrell)
- "The House" - 3:55 (Borrell)
International Digital Version
- "Where The Frequencies Run Deep And Wild" - 3:07
- "Wire To Wire (BBC Live Lounge)" - 2:54
1Wire to Wire3:05
2Hostage of Love3:44
3You and the Rest3:25