(2010) Be the Void
Release date 6 April 2010
|Artist Dr. Dog|
|Released April 6, 2010 (2010-04-06)|
Genres Indie rock, Psychedelic rock, Rock and roll
Similar Dr Dog albums, Indie rock albums
Dr dog shame shame full album
Shame, Shame is the sixth album by psychedelic rock band Dr. Dog. It was released on April 6, 2010. It was the band's first release on the ANTI- record label after moving from Park the Van.
- Dr dog shame shame full album
- Dr dog stranger full album stream
- Album information
- Track listing
Dr dog stranger full album stream
The band hoped to more accurately recreate the energy of their live shows on the album. "We were taking those experience on stage as reference points, rather than shedding them when we go into the studio, which is what we would always do," co-frontman Scott McMicken said. “We chose a batch of songs that are a little darker, or a little bit more heart-on-your-sleeve kind of stuff.”
The album also contains the most emotional lyrical content of the band's career. On Dr. Dog's website, McMicken said of the song "Jackie Wants a Black Eye": “It’s one of the most literal songs that I’ve ever written, and it was important for me because I had been in a bad state for awhile." Toby Leaman, the other frontman, also claims that "Station" is the only song he has ever written about touring and "leaving over and over again." McMicken wrote "Shadow People" in his West Philadelphia apartment. He described the song as a "full-on West Philly diary."
Many of the songs have been in the works for years. In an interview with ACRN.com, McMicken said that "Station" and "Unbearable Why" had been originally recorded for other albums, and "Where'd All the Time Go?" is actually eight years old.
All songs written by Toby Leaman and Scott McMicken.
- "Stranger" - 3:44
- "Shadow People" (with Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys) - 4:13
- "Station" (Drumming provided by Tommy Bendel) - 3:11
- "Unbearable Why" (Drumming provided by Gregg Mervine) - 3:13
- "Where'd All the Time Go?" - 3:55
- "Later" - 3:09
- "I Only Wear Blue" - 3:43
- "Someday" - 3:21
- "Mirror, Mirror" (Guest vocals by Eliza Jones) - 2:50
- "Jackie Wants a Black Eye" (Guest vocals by Jackie Jugan and John Balzarin) - 3:05
- "Shame, Shame" (with Jim James of My Morning Jacket) - 5:16
iTunes/Deluxe Download bonus tracks
- "What A Strange Day"
- "Oh Man"
- "Take Me Into Town"
- "Nobody Knows Who You Are"
- "The Sound"
Dr. Dog is: