Artist Dusty Springfield
Release date 25 June 1990
Genres Pop music, Dance music
|Recorded London, England, New York & Hollywood, United States 1989-1990|
Producers Julian Mendelsohn, Dan Hartman, Andy Richards, Paul Staveley O'Duffy
Similar Dusty Springfield albums, Pop music albums
Dusty springfield reputation lp album 1990
Reputation and Rarities is the name of a repackaged/re-released version of British singer Dusty Springfield's 1990 studio album, Reputation.
- Dusty springfield reputation lp album 1990
- Track listing
- Bonus tracks
- Personnel and production bonus tracks
In late 1987, there was a resurgence of interest in Springfield's career, which was a direct result of her work with Pet Shop Boys on the duet "What Have I Done to Deserve This?", released in November of the same year. The single reached #2 in the US Billboard Hot 100 and #2 in the UK Singles Chart, Springfield's highest simultaneous charting single ever. Springfield then worked with Pet Shop Boys on two further solo singles "Nothing Has Been Proved", originally from movie Scandal, and "In Private", both UK Top 20 hits for Springfield in 1989. The culmination of Springfield's new success was the album Reputation, released in 1990. The original album was released only in the UK and reached #18 in the UK Albums Chart, Springfield's first hit album in her native country in over twenty years. In 1997, the album was re-released (this time in America as well) as Reputation and Rarities, and included the entire Reputation album, along with two tracks recorded for the album, but never used or released until then, the ballads "Any Other Fool", written by Diane Warren and Robbie Buchanan, and "When Love Turns to Blue", a collaboration with British pop duo Climie Fisher. Also included was "Getting It Right", written and produced by Steve Tyrell in early 1989 for the British movie of the same name, first released as one of the B-sides to the single "Reputation", and the original 12" mix of the biggest hit from the album, "In Private".
Reputation and Rarities was subsequently given a second re-release by EMI's European mid-price label Disky Communications, then repackaged with a third set of cover art.
- "Reputation" (Brian Spence) - 4:13
- "Send It to Me" (Allee Willis, Lauren Wood) - 3:56
- "Arrested by You" (Rupert Hine, Jeanette Obstoj) - 4:10
- "Time Waits for No One" (Holly Knight, Dan Hartman) - 3:05
- "Born This Way" (Geoffrey Williams & Simon Stirling) - 3:49
- "In Private" (Neil Tennant, Chris Lowe) - 4:22
- "Daydreaming" (Tennant, Lowe) - 4:55
- "Nothing Has Been Proved" (Tennant, Lowe) - 4:42
- "I Want to Stay Here" (Gerry Goffin, Carole King) - 2:48
- "Occupy Your Mind" (Tennant, Lowe) - 6:51
- "Any Other Fool" (Diane Warren, Robbie Buchanan) - 4:24
- "When Love Turns to Blue" (Climie Fisher) - 3:44
- "Getting It Right" (Steve Tyrell, Stephanie Tyrell, Colin Townes) - 3:37
- "In Private" (12" Version) (Lowe, Tennant) - 7:11
Personnel and production bonus tracks
"Any Other Fool"
"When Love Turns to Blue"
"Getting It Right"
2Send It to Me3:54
3Arrested by You4:11