|Covid-19|Osayuki Godwin Oshodin Wikipedia
Osayuki Godwin Oshodin (born August 9, 1950) is a former Vice-chancellor of University of Benin. He is a professor of health education. He has written several academic publications and books concerning health and education.
Oshodin is an indigene of Oredo Local Government Area of Edo state. He attended the Western Boys High School, Federal School of Science, Lagos State; Central State University Ohio, Columbia University of New York city, United States and received an Ed.D from the teachers college Columbia University of New York city in 1980. He lectured in several universities throughout the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s. He was appointed the Vice-Chancellor of University of Benin in November 2009 and his tenure ends November 2014.
Oshodin attended Western Boys high School, Benin City in 1966, Federal School Of Science, Lagos State in 1971 where he obtained His WASC now West African Senior School Certificate Examination and GCE Advanced Level respectively. In 1972 He obtained a Certificate in Alcohol Education from Central State University Ohio. He graduated in 1976 from the City College of the City University of New York (known more commonly as the City College of New York or simply City College, CCNY, or colloquially as City) where he obtained a B.Sc. in Biology/Medical Anthropology.
Oshodin holds a master of science from Hunter College of City University of New York in 1978 where he studied Health Science/Community Health Education, He obtained his Ed.D (Doctorate Degree) in Health Education from the teachers college Columbia University of New York city in 1980.
Oshodin has taught over 20 different health education and research courses at the postgraduate and undergraduate level both in Nigeria and the United State of America. He worked as a college/research assistant, at the Hunter College of City University of New York in 1974 to 1979. In 1981 he lectured at Hunter College of City University of New York in the department of academic Skill/Seek, where he taught Health education, Anatomy and Physiology, Biostatistics, Health Science and Community health. He later moved to University of Benin. Between 1982 and 1983 oshodin lectured part-time at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital, in 1987 he was promoted to a senior lecturer in health education department of physical and health education.
In 1991 He rose to the position of a Professor at the University of Benin in the department of Physical Health education, same year he was honor by MARQUIS MACMILLIAN Directory division "Who is WHO in The World" 10th Edition. Since 1990, 1996, 1999, 2002, and 2006, till present he has been an external examiner to University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, University of Ilorin, University of Ibadan and University of Port Harcourt respectively. He was conferred a certified teacher by the Federal republic of Nigeria Teachers registration council in 2006.
November 2009 The Governing Council of the University approved his appointment as Vice-Chancellor at the University of Benin making him the first bini man to occupy the position since the university was established in 1970."Who is who in the World" 10th edition (1991–1992) published by MARQUIS MACMILLAN directory division, 3002 Glen-view road Whihette, Illinois 6000091, United States.
Leadership Award- Millinium edition of the international, directory of distinguished leadership. 2000
justice of Peace (JP) Appointment by Edo state Government 12 September 2001
A guide to teaching Methods and Material In Health Education.
Teachers Education Part-time programs in Nigeria
International Business Management and global education
- Alcohol Abuse Among High School Student In Benin City, Nigeria. DRUG AND ALCOHOL DEPENDENCE, Vol. 7, (1981).pp. 141–145 (Lausanne-Switzerland). (Indexed and Foreign).
- "Alcohol Abuse: A case study of secondary school student in rural Areas of Bendel district" DRUG AND ALCOHOL DEPENDENCE, Vol. 8, (1981).pp. 141–145 (Lausanne-Switzerland). (Indexed and Foreign).
- "Alcohol Abuse Among Nigeria College student in New York area of the United state" COLLEGE STUDENT JOURNAL. Vol. 16, no. 2, (1982). pp 153–157 Prof. Russell N. Cassels, 1362 Santa Cruz court, Chula vista. California 92016, USA (Published by project innovation - a group of university Professor interested in improved sharing of worthwhile professional theory and research. (indexed and Foreign)
- "Alcohol Poisoning among children in Benin city, Nigeria "NIGERIA MEDICAL PRACTITIONER, Vol ^ No 1 (1998), pp. 21–23. (Indexed And Foreign)
- Drug and The Adolescent. WEST AFRICAN JOURNAL OF HUMAN KINETICS, HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION LEISURE ND SPORT MANAGEMENT. Department of physical and health education. Ahmadu bello university, Zaria.
- Female-Based Violence and Family Planning practice of married women in Nigeria police baracks by DR. (Mrs) Ujiro Igbudu and prof O. G. Oshodin. Journal of research and development in education, University of Winneba, Ghana.