Label Contemporary C3519
Artist Shelly Manne
Producer Lester Koenig
More Swinging Sounds (1956) My Fair Lady (1956)
Release date 1957
|Recorded July 16 and August 15 & 16, 1956
Contemporary Records Studio, Los Angeles, California|
Similar Swinging Sounds, Shelly Manne & His Friends, My Fair Lady, Bells Are Ringing, Concerto for Clarinet & Combo
More Swinging Sounds is a jazz album by drummer Shelly Manne's group Shelly Manne & His Men, recorded in 1956 and released on the Contemporary label. Early releases of the album were labelled Vol 5, indicating it was the fifth volume of recordings released by the group.
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow states: "Shelly Manne deserves great credit for being continually open to new directions and fresh material while staying on his own singular path".
- "Moose the Mooche" (Charlie Parker) - 7:27
- "The Wind" (Russ Freeman) - 5:02
- "Pint of Blues" (Charlie Mariano) - 9:49
- "Tommyhawk" (Johnny Mandel) - 4:18
- "Quartet (A Suite in Four Parts)" (Bill Holman) - 15:38