| Det Bästa Av
16 August 2010
| 16 August 2010 (Download)
18 August 2010 (CD)|
Tony Nilsson, Arnthor Birgisson, Henrik Janson, Darin, Johan Bobäck, George Samuelson
Darin albums, Pop music albums
Lovekiller is the fifth studio album by Swedish singer/songwriter Darin Zanyar. It was released digitally on 16 August 2010 and physically on 18 August in Sweden through Universal Music. This is Darin's first album since parting with former label Sony Music after 4 years and has become his fifth top ten album. The album includes You're Out of My Life, Darin's entry in Melodifestivalen 2010.
In September 2009, Darin signed a new record deal with Universal Music Sweden after 4 years with Sony Music, his first release with Universal was a cover of Coldplay's Viva la Vida which Darin performed live at Idol on October 8 the song was released digitally and peaked at number 1 on the Swedish singles chart. On 3 November 2009, it was announced that Darin would be participating in the Melodifestivalen 2010, the Swedish show which determines the country's entry to the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in Oslo, Norway. Darin entered with the mid-tempo ballad You're Out of My Life written by Tony Nilsson and Henrik Janson. Darin came eventual 4th at the final on March 13. The song was later released physically, including the cover of Viva la Vida, and peaked at number 3 on the Swedish charts. On 27 March, Darin performed an acoustic version of the track Only You Can Save Me in Kungsträdgården, Stockholm as part of the Swedish Earth Hour concert. On 1 June 2010 it was announced on the Universal Music Sweden website that Darin would soon be releasing his single "Lovekiller" and his fifth studio album, his first with Universal, on 25 August 2010 and would feature the 2 singles Viva la Vida and You're Out of My Life. Darin began a 17 date Sommarturné (Summer Tour) of Sweden on 4 June 2010 starting in Karlshamn during which he performed songs from the new album as well as songs from previous albums. In June 2010 Darin was asked by Swedish broadcaster SVT to record a specially written song "Can't Stop Love" for the Royal Wedding of Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling. Darin performed the song on a rooftop in Stockholm during the live broadcast of the wedding on SVT. The song was released digitally on the day of the wedding, 19 June 2010. On 13 July 2010 a press release was published by Universal Music Sweden revealing the name, track listing and cover art for the new album and also that the album would be released earlier than originally planned on 18 August. Also mentioned in the press release is the producers of the album, Tony Nilsson, Arnthor Birgisson, Henrik Jansson and Darin. Also on 13 July, the studio version of Lovekiller premiered on radio and on the Universal Music website having only been heard live previously.
- "Viva la Vida" Darin's cover of the Coldplay song was performed live on Idol in October 2009 and followed shortly after by a digital release which earned Darin his third number one single in Sweden.
- "You're Out of My Life" was first heard publicly in full on 20 February 2010 when it was performed live in Heat 3 of Melodifestivalen 2010. It was released physically on 28 February and peaked at number three in the charts.
- "Can't Stop Love" is a single written by Darin and Tony Nilsson especially for the Royal Wedding of Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling. It was performed in Stockholm during SVT's live broadcast of the wedding on 19 June 2010 and released the same day digitally peaking at 13 in the singles chart.
- "Lovekiller" the album's title track was first heard performed live during Darin's Summer tour of Sweden with the studio version premiering on 13 July 2010, which was also the day of its digital release. The single debuted and peaked at number 6.
- "Microphone" was used in a promotional video for the 2010 season of Idol. The song was also performed live for the first time at Sommarkrysset on 14 August 2010. Due to its strong digital download upon the released of Darin's album Lovekiller, the song entered the Swedish Charts and peak at number 15.
iTunes bonus track:Lovekiller (Acoustic Version) 3.30 (Tony Nilsson, Darin Zanyar)
The album debuted at number 2 on the Swedish Album Charts being certified Gold (20,000) in its first week on sale.Mastering:
Hoffe Stannow (Except tracks 2 & 6) at Cosmos Mastering
Erik Broheden (Tracks 2 & 6) at Masters of Audio
A&R: Niklas Rune
Management: Micke Hagerman (Love No Limit)
Photography: Pysse Holmberg
Artwork: Jonas Kjellberg (Zion Graphics)
1Microphone3:30Lovekiller (album) Wikipedia
2You're Out of My Life3:02