Capitol T/ST 1460
| February 2, 1959|
| Tropicana Hotel, Las Vegas, NV|
Lee Gillette and Kent Larsen
Standards in Silhouette
The Ballad Style of Stan Kent, Lush Interlude, Rendezvous with Kenton, Kenton With Voices, Viva Kenton!
Kenton Live from the Las Vegas Tropicana is a live album by bandleader and pianist Stan Kenton featuring a concert recorded at the Blue Room of the Tropicana Hotel in 1958 and released on the Capitol label.
Kenton Live from the Las Vegas Tropicana Wikipedia
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow noted "This is admittedly not one of the classic Stan Kenton recordings but is generally superior to his studio recordings of the period".
All compositions by Stan Kenton except where noted.
Stan Kenton - piano, conductor
Joe Burnett, Bud Brisbois, Frank Huggins, Roger Middleton, Jack Sheldon - trumpet
Jim Amlotte, Kent Larsen, Archie Le Coque, - trombone
Bob Olson, Bill Smiley - bass trombone
Lennie Niehaus - alto saxophone
Richie Kamuca, Bill Trujillo - tenor saxophone
Billy Root, Sture Swenson - baritone saxophone
Red Kelly bass, vocals
Jerry McKenzie - drums
Stan Kenton (track 1, 8 & 11), Lennie Niehaus (tracks 7 & 8), Johnny Richards (track 6), Gene Roland (tracks 2-5, 9 & 10) - arranger
- " Artistry in Rhythm" - 3:25
- "Bernie's Tune" (Bernie Miller, Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller) - 3:29
- "Tuxedo Junction" (Erskine Hawkins, Bill Johnson, Julian Dash, Buddy Feyne) - 2:59
- "Street Scene" (Alfred Newman) - 2:59
- "Puck's Blues" (Gene Roland) - 3:04
- "I Concentrate on You" (Cole Porter) - 3:12
- "The End of a Love Affair" (Edward Redding) - 4:41
- "You and I and George" - 0:55
- "Sentimental Riff" (Roland) - 4:09
- "Random Riff" (Roland) - 3:33
- "Artistry in Rhythm" - 0:47