| Hizaki (緋咲)|
| Hizaki Hizaki|
| February 17, 1979 (age 36)Shiga (1979-02-17) |
KappaSequenceSherow Artist Society
Versailles (2007 – 2012), Jupiter (Since 2013)
Neoclassical metal, Symphonic metal, Power metal, Hard rock
Dance with grace, Holy Grail, Noble Live, Versailles, Jubilee
Kamijo, Teru, Jasmine You
Hizaki (stylized as HIZAKI) is a Japanese visual kei musician, songwriter and record producer. He is best known as guitarist for the symphonic metal band Versailles. He is also a member of Jupiter and has a solo career. Before forming Versailles he was in several independent bands.
Hizaki debuted as guitarist for the Kyoto based band Garnet Grave in 1997. After two years, Hizaki and bassist Hizumi departed from Garnet Grave to form Crack Brain with guitarist Airi (Madeth Gray'll).
In 2002, Crack Brain disbanded and Hizaki and Airi formed the band Gurotesuku Romantikkaa (グロテスクロマンティッカー), who in May 2003 changed their name to Schwardix Marvally. They released two EPs, one composed of cover songs from various bands. Soon after releasing the two EPs, Schwardix Marvally disbanded in 2004.
Hizaki then proceeded to start a solo career that same year and released Maiden Ritual. He published two more EPs: Dance with Grace and Maiden Ritual -Experiment Edition- with a variety of musicians in the visual kei scene. In 2005 he put his solo work on hold and joined Sulfuric Acid, staying until they disbanded in October 2006. On October 31, Hizaki supported Lareine at their last concert.
He then restarted solo activities and formed his solo group, Hizaki Grace Project, with Hikaru (Izabel Varosa) on vocals, Yuu (Jakura) on bass and support drummer Seiji (Sulfuric Acid). After recruiting Mikage (Babylon) on drums, Teru (Aikaryu) on guitar and Juka (Moi dix Mois) on vocals, they released the album Dignity of Crest. Hizaki Grace Project's latest album, Curse of Virgo, was released on December 26, 2007, two days after their latest live performance.
In early 2007, he became support for Node of Scherzo, a project fronted by Kamijo (Lareine), Juka and Kaya (Schwarz Stein), and also supported by Jasmine You and Asagi (D). At Node of Scherzo's first live performance on March 14, Kamijo and Hizaki announced they were forming a band together. On March 30 the details of the band were announced, it would be named Versailles and also included drummer Yuki (Sugar Trip) and Hizaki Grace Project's Jasmine You and Teru. Hizaki's solo work was put on hold while he focused on Versailles.
On September 23, 2008, Hizaki modeled clothing for Baby, The Stars Shine Bright on the runway at Individual Fashion Expo IV. On July 15, 2010, he partook in the one-night only revival of Crack Brain, at a concert for their old record label, Crow Music.
In January 2011, he and the rest of Versailles started starring in their own TV mini drama called Onegai Kanaete Versailles (おねがいかなえてヴェルサイユ, "Fulfill My Wish Versailles"). The show also starred Rina Koike and aired on Mainichi Broadcasting System and TV Kanagawa until March. In response to the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami on March 11, Hizaki composed and dedicated the song "Prayer" to its victims. Both Hizaki and Teru participated in the Blue Planet Japan project, which was created in response to the Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. The project is composed of many visual kei artists, including members of DaizyStripper, heidi., Matenrou Opera and Dolly. They performed live at Shibuya O-West on June 25 and released the single "Hitotsu Dake ~We are the One~" on September 14, with the proceeds from the single donated to the victims.
Hizaki composed the music for the title track of Kaya's January 2012 single "Vampire Requiem". On July 20, Versailles announced they were stopping all activities at the end of the year. Hizaki, Kaya, Versailles bassist Masashi, Ken Morioka (Soft Ballet), Kenta Harada and Chargeeeeee (Omega Dripp, ZIZ) performed in a special session band on October 7 at Shinjuku Loft. On April 1, 2013, every member of Versailles minus singer Kamijo announced they had formed a new band named Jupiter. They recruited Zin as vocalist and released their debut single, "Blessing of the Future", in the summer.
Hizaki participated on the Dead End Tribute - Song of Lunatics - album, paying tribute to the band Dead End by performing on the cover of their song "Dress Burning". Hizaki returned to solo activities in 2015 with short European and South American tours. He released his first solo album in 11 years, Rosario, on August 3, 2016 via major record label Warner Music Japan.Last line-upHizaki – guitarYuu/Jasmine You – bassTeru – guitarMikage – drumsJuka – vocalsFormer membersHikaru – vocalsSeiji – drums (support member)Current
- ESP Maiden Hizaki Custom RoseOther
- ESP Horizon-III Hizaki Custom Pearl White Gold w/flakeAlbums and EPsMaiden Ritual (September 29, 2004)Dance with grace (April 27, 2005, two editions: regular was instrumental)Maiden Ritual -Experiment Edition- (May 11, 2005)The song "Tragic Serenade" was replaced by the instrumental "Scarlet", while "Ritual" has been replaced by its instrumental version.Grace Special Package I (2005)Three disc box set: includes Dance with grace, Maiden Ritual -Experiment Edition- and bonus CD-R with "Members Comment" and instrumental version of "Tragic Serenade".Rosario (2016)AlbumsDignity of Crest (January 1, 2007)Ruined Kingdom (September 19, 2007)Curse of Virgo (December 26, 2007)DVDEien no Kokuin (永遠の刻印, February 17, 2007, distributed at concert)Monshou (紋章, May 9, 2007)OmnibusesGraceful Playboys (August 5, 2006, with "Race Wish")-Unique- (August 9, 2006, split EP with +Isolation, with "Solitude" and "Cradle")Summit 03 (November 29, 2009, with "Cradle")Final Summit 2000~2010: Sequence Records (February 16, 2011, with "Philosopher")"Haitoku no Savior" (背徳のSavior, 1998, demo tape)"Crack Diary" (July 24, 1999, demo tape)"Sokubaku Izonshou" (緊縛依存症, April 18, 2000, demo tape)"Sunadokei" (砂時計, June 27, 2000, demo tape)"Kankinshitsu no Tobira" (監禁室の扉です, April 14, 2001)-Reset- (March 23, 2002)"-Speed･R-" (May 11, 2002, freely distributed at concert at Meguro Rock-May-Kan)Kairoroku ~Dai san Shou~ (回顧録～第三章～, August 20, 2003)Four track EP with covers of Gargoyle, Luna Sea and Madeth gray’ll and one original song, track one credited to Gurotesuku Romantikkaa (グロテスクロマンティッカー).Heaven's Romance (January 28, 2004)Released in two versions, each with a different bonus disc.Schwardix Marvally ~Tenkuu e no Monogatari~ (Schwardix Marvally～天空への物語～, January 1, 2007, compilation album)"Vanilla Sky" (September 19, 2005, freely distributed at concert at Meguro Rock-May-Kan)"Aka Hebi -Kimi to Mita aka no Kioku-" (赤蛇 -君と見た赤の記憶-, December 28, 2005)"Ao Hebi -Boku no Naka no Aoi Yami-" (青蛇 -僕の中の青い闇-, December 28, 2005)【s∧lfj'urik 'aesid】 (April 27, 2006)Kyousei Inyou [03-06] Ongenshuu (強制引用【03-06】音源集, November 29, 2006, compilation album)Final Summit 2000~2010: Sequence Records (February 16, 2011, omnibus with "Acid Trip")
- ESP Horizon-III Hizaki Custom Illusion
- ESP Bottom Line GT
- BOSS GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor
- BOSS SD-1 Super Overdrive
- Ibanez Jemini Distortion Pedal
- Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
- Marshall Guvnor
- Morley Wah Pedal
- Custom Audio Electronics Cables
- TC Electronic G Major
- Korg DTR-1 Rack Tuner
- EX-PRO Wireless System
- Furman Power Conditioner
- Roland FC-200 Midi Foot Controller
- Marshall JVM410H
- Hughes & Kettner, Bogner, Brunetti, Mesa Boogie and Laney Amps
- Keeley Katana Boost Pedal
- BOOROCKS MD-1 LEON Multi-Driver