Girish Mahajan (Editor)

Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences

Updated on
Share on FacebookTweet on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Reddit
Covid-19
Type  Public
Dean  Lloyd Y. Young
Website  www.cphs.wayne.edu
Founded  1924
Established  1924
Location  Detroit, Michigan, USA
Phone  +1 313-577-1716
Address  Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Bldg, 259 Mack Ave, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Similar  Wayne State University, Wayne State University, College of Nursing ‑ Wayne St, Detroit Receiving Hospital
Profiles
Facebook

The Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences was founded in 1924. It was previously known as the College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, but the name was changed to the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in the year 2000. It is currently located in midtown Detroit, Michigan and is one of Wayne State University's professional schools. There are currently sixteen programs being offered at the school, with fourteen degree programs and two certificate programs. The college is divided into four academic departments: Fundamental & Applied Sciences, Health Care Sciences, Pharmacy Practice, and Pharmaceutical Sciences.

Contents

Building structure

The current building became available in May 2002. The building is 270,000 square feet with five floors, six levels and was designed by Neumann/Smith Architecture. The building provides multiple laboratories, offices, and classrooms, divided by program. The upper three floors are home to offices and labs while the lower three include classrooms and an auditorium. Mortuary science students, however, work in their own building. The Mortuary Science Building is located on Woodward Avenue in Midtown Detroit.

Student body

In Fall 2012, the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences had 1,012 total students enrolled, with 870 full-time students and 142 part-time students. There were 272 total undergraduate students, 348 graduate students, and 392 professional students. There were 83 full-time faculty members. 66% of current students are female, while the remaining 34% are male. The acceptance rate of Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Science is 29%. Enrollment by various ethnicities may be seen by the table “Enrollment by ethnicity”

Enrollment by ethnicity.

A total of 347 degrees were granted to students in the 2011-12 school year. These degrees that were granted included 112 baccalaureate degrees, 4 postbaccalaureate certificates, 95 master's degree, 5 post-master's certificates, and 131 doctoral degrees.

Tuition

The Wayne State University Fall 2013 tuition and fee schedule indicate that cost per credit hour for undergraduate students is $326.00 per credit hour, non-resident student tuition is $746.65 per credit hour, and graduate school student tuition is $554.15 per credit hour for resident students and $1200.35 per credit hour for non-resident students.

List of programs

The Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Science offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees. The college provides the opportunity for five bachelor of science degrees, two certificates, five various master's degrees, two doctorates in physical therapy, and a pharmacy PhD. A list of the offered degree and certificate programs was obtained from the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences curriculum website. The programs are divided into four departments, Fundamental and applied sciences, health care sciences, pharmacy practice, and pharmaceutical sciences.

Fundamental and applied sciences

Clinical Laboratory Sciences - Bachelor of Science

Forensic Investigation – Certificate (post-bachelor)

Mortuary Science – Bachelor of Science

Pathologists' assistant – Bachelor of Science

Health care and sciences

Nurse Anesthesia – Master of Science

Occupational therapy – Master of occupational therapy

Pediatric Nurse Anesthesia – Certificate

Physical Therapy – Doctorate

Physical Therapy (Transitional) – Doctorate

Radiologist Assistant – Master of Science

Radiologic Technology – Bachelor of Science

Radiation Therapy Technology – Bachelor of Science

Physician's Assistant Studies – Master of Science

Pharmacy practice and pharmaceutical sciences

Pharmaceutical Sciences – Master of Science, Doctor of Philosophy

Pharmacy – PharmD

The Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Science, in the past, provided students with a Cytotechnology program, but that program is no longer available.

Rankings

U.S News & World Report ranked the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences 17th in nursing-anesthesia, 58th in occupational therapy, 39th in pharmacy, 121st in physical therapy, and 62nd in physician assistant programs.

References

Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Wikipedia


Similar Topics
Detroit Receiving Hospital
Wayne State University
Keroro Gunsō the Super Movie
Topics
 
B
i
Link
H2
L