| Devanand Konwar|
| Kamla Beniwal|
| Dnyandeo Yashwantrao Patil|
22 October 1935 (age 80)
Ambap, Kolhapur (1935-10-22)
Vijay D Patil
Keshari Nath Tripathi
D. Y. Patil Wikipedia
Dnyandeo Yashwantrao Patil (Marathi: ज्ञानदेव यशवंतराव पाटील) (born 22 October 1935) was Governor of Bihar state in eastern India from 29 May 2012 to 26 November 2014. He is an educator and a leader of the Indian National Congress from Maharashtra state. He was appointed as the Governor of West Bengal (additional charge).
He was born at Ambap village in the present-day Kolhapur district, Maharashtra state.
A number of educational institutions were founded by him, which include:
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth (Deemed University in Pune)
- Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Navi Mumbai (Deemed to be University)
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College Navi Mumbai
- D. Y. Patil Education Society Kolhapur (Deemed University)
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Sports Academy
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Knowledge City in Pune
- Dr. D. Y Patil International School Nerul
- D. Y. Patil college of Engineering and Technology
- D. Y. Patil Medical College at Kolhapur
- D Y Patil College of Engineering at Pune in 1984
- D Y Patil Hospital at Nerul
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Junior College in Pune
He received the Padma Shri award in 1991 for social work.
Patil was elected to the Kolhapur Municipal Council as a Congress candidate in 1957 and remained in office until 1962. He was the member of the Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha from 1967-78. In both the 1967 and 1972 elections, he was elected from Panhala Vidhan Sabha constituency. He was appointed the Governor of Tripura state on 21 November 2009 and took the oath of office and secrecy on 27 November 2009. He was appointed as the Governor of Bihar on 9 March 2012.