|Released 11 March 1997|
Artist The Herbaliser
Producer Kaidi Tatham
Genres Hip hop music, Jazz
Blow Your Headphones (1997) Very Mercenary (1999)
Release date 11 March 1997
Label Ninja Tune
|Similar The Herbaliser albums, Hip hop music albums|
Blow Your Headphones is the second album by The Herbaliser. It was released on Ninja Tune on 11 March 1997. It marks a change in the overall production technique for this group, where the recording and manipulation of musicians partially replaces the use of samples of other recordings that had been the main technique of earlier Herbaliser productions. It also expands the use of guest hip-hop vocalists such as What? What?, who would later become better known as Jean Grae. On other selections the music turns to a more directly jazz-influenced construction on several tracks, notably "Mr. Chombee Has The Flaw" and "Ginger Jumps The Fence".
The herbaliser opening credits
- "Opening Credits"
- "The Blend" (featuring What? What?)
- "Another Mother"
- "Excuse Me"
- "Ginger Jumps the Fence"
- "Put It on Tape"
- "New + Improved" (featuring What? What?)
- "Mr. Chombee Has the Flaw"
- "Saturday Night" (featuring Fabian & Big Ted)
- "Shocker Zulu"
- "Hardcore" (featuring What? What?)
- "Shorty's Judgement"
- "More Styles"
- "A Mother (For Your Mind)"
- "Bring It" (featuring What? What?)
- "Theme From Control Centre (Reprise)"
- "End Credits"
2The Blend (feat What What)3:42