|Name B. Pinto|
Dr. B. Mario Pinto: Knowledge Sharing and Social Responsibility
Dr. B. Mario Pinto is a Canadian chemical biologist, academic and the current President of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC). Prior to his appointment at NSERC, Pinto served as a chemistry professor and as the Vice-President of Research at Simon Fraser University. He is a fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, Chemical Institute of Canada and the American Chemical Society.
- Dr B Mario Pinto Knowledge Sharing and Social Responsibility
- GIFSconf18 No Food Production Revolution Without Research Revolution by Mario Pinto
- Awards and honours
GIFSconf18: No Food Production Revolution Without Research Revolution by Mario Pinto
Pinto received his undergraduate degree and doctorate from Queen's University in Ontario. He completed his post-doctoral work at the Centre national de la recherche scientifique in France and the National Research Council of Canada in Ottawa. Pinto has published over 225 papers.
Awards and honours
- Horace S. Isbell Award from the American Chemical Society in 1992
- CSC Bernard Belleau Award in 2002
- Elected to the Academy of Sciences of the Royal Society of Canada in 2003
- R.U. Lemieux Award in 2012
- Alfred Bader Award in 2013
- Montreal Medal in 2014 awarded for his "outstanding contribution to the profession of chemistry or chemical engineering in Canada."