| Fall 2004|
15 October 2004
Stef Kamil Carlens
| A Song about a Girls
Life = A Sexy Sanctuary, A Band in a Box, Everyday I Wear a Greasy Bl
A Song about a Girls is a studio album by the Belgian indie rock band Zita Swoon. It was released in the fall of 2004. The album reached #4 in the Flemish Ultratop chart.
A Song about a Girls is the most introspective and melancholic work of Zita Swoon so far. Violins make an important contribution to the calmer sound of the album. Singer and songwriter Stef Kamil Carlens explains how they came to this new sound: "I had written some really loud songs, but we were searching in vain to get the sound right. Then at some time Tom did a little loop on his laptop, Kobe and Aarich started to do some percussion and suddenly it sounded good. We tried to get the other songs in the same atmosphere, and were pleasantly surprised with the result."
A Song about a Girls contains songs in both English and French. It was the first time Zita Swoon recorded songs in French. One of these French songs, "De Quoi a Besoin l'Amour", is a duet with the Belgian singer Axelle Red.
The songs "Me & Josie on a Saturday Night" and "Josiesomething" are about a girl named Josie, who was also present in previous Zita Swoon albums. It's not a real person, but a character Stef Kamil Carlens draws in his mind. "The character is built, little by little, by different experiences I have," Carlens explains.
- "Me & Josie on a Saturday Night" (Stef Kamil Carlens, Tom Pintens, Bjorn Eriksson) – 3:55
- "Intrigue" (Carlens) – 3:57
- "Hey You, Whatshadoing" (Carlens) – 4:13
- "Selfish Girl" (Carlens) – 3:49
- "De Quoi a Besoin l'Amour?" (Carlens) – 4:55
- "Sad Water" (Carlens) – 6:04
- "Clair Obscure" (Carlens) – 3:13
- "Josiesomething" (Carlens) – 4:37
- "Thinking About You all the Time" (Carlens) – 4:19
- "100" (Carlens) – 2:36
- "Individu Animal" (Carlens, Pintens) – 3:37
- "Remember to Withhold" (Carlens) – 4:29
1Me & Josie on a Saturday Night3:56A Song About a Girls Wikipedia
3Hey You - Watshadoing?