|Format Digital download
Genre Christmas pop nu-disco
|Released 7 December 2015
1 April 2016 (Still Disco to Me)|
Length 4:31 3:47 (Still Disco to Me)
Label Parlophone Warner Music
"100 Degrees" is a song by Australian singer-songwriter Kylie Minogue, with her sister Dannii Minogue. The track was the second single from Kylie's album Kylie Christmas. It was released on 13 November 2015 by Parlophone and Warner Bros. Records. An alternate version of the song was released on 1 April 2016, "100 Degrees (Still Disco to Me)", without the word "Christmas".
Kylie announced that the song would serve as the second single during The X Factor Australia on 16 November. She also confirmed that she would perform the track, alongside Dannii, on the season 7 grand final on 24 November. In a statement, Kylie said: "I'll be bringing a little Christmas cheer to The X Factor stage, I can't wait to come home and perform on the show with Dannii". The performance was their first performance together since their live performance of "Kids" on her Showgirl: The Homecoming Tour in 2006, and the first televised performance together since they performed "Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves" on Young Talent Time in 1986.
Kylie wrote "100 Degrees" about adapting to a winter Christmas in the UK after being raised in Australia and was inspired by Donna Summer's vintage disco classics. Dannii said; "There's not enough party Christmas songs, everyone has Christmas parties, but what music do you put on? This song is perfect for dancing to. And our X Factor performance is going to be all guns blazing. And by guns, I mean glitter guns. It's going to be a very sparkly, very Minogue Christmas."
The song was used by Target Australia for their Christmas commercials. The adverts starred Dannii Minogue, who has a fashion line with Target Australia.
The music video sees the pair recording the song and having fun in the studio, surrounded by tinsel, with Dannii donning 'Disco Christmas' T-shirt & Kylie donning a 'Kylie Kissmass' T-shirt.
Mike Wass from Idolator said that "100 Degrees" was the album's highlight. Wass said "The siblings inject a whole lot of fabulous into the festive season with disco-tinged anthem" adding, "the duet is every bit as camp as you would expect."
Formats and track listings
- "100 Degrees" (with Dannii Minogue) (7th Heaven Club Mix) – 6:49
- "100 Degrees" (with Dannii Minogue) (7th Heaven Radio Edit) – 5:02
- "100 Degrees" (with Dannii Minogue) (Steve Anderson Classic Disco Extended Mix) – 7:24
- "100 Degrees" (with Dannii Minogue) (Boney Mix) – 5:44
- "100 Degrees (It's Still Disco to Me)" (with Dannii Minogue) – 3:47
- "100 Degrees (It's Still Disco to Me)" (with Dannii Minogue) (Steve Anderson Classic Disco Extended Mix) – 7:24
- "100 Degrees (It's Still Disco to Me)" (with Dannii Minogue) (7th Heaven Club Mix) – 7:04
- "100 Degrees (It's Still Disco to Me)" (with Dannii Minogue) (Boney Remix) – 5:44