| November 1999|
Jar of Gems
Jars of Clay
| Christian music, Rock music, Contemporary Christian music, Folk music|
Jars of Clay albums, Contemporary Christian music albums
The White Elephant Sessions is a rarities and demo version album by American Christian band Jars of Clay, released in conjunction with the band's third studio album If I Left the Zoo. Several of the tracks come straight from the demo recording sessions for If I Left The Zoo, entitled the Tweed Horse Sessions.
The White Elephant Sessions Wikipedia
The title is a play on the fact that a white elephant is a rarity, and the cover of If I Left the Zoo had a grey elephant on it.
This album depicts a similar cover, except that the background is primarily red where If I Left the Zoo's background is predominantly blue and the elephant on the cover of this album is white and not grey (and the elephant is facing the other direction).
Note: All songs are written by Dan Haseltine, Matt Odmark, Stephen Mason and Charlie Lowell, unless noted otherwise
- "Unforgetful You" (Remix) - 3:27
- "Crazy Times" (Demo) - 3:37 (Dan Haseltine, Stephen Mason, Mark Hudson, Greg Wells)
- "Goodbye, Goodnight" (Demo) - 2:36
- "River Constantine" (Partial Demo) - 2:01
- "Grace" (Hudson & Wells Demo) - 3:51 (Dan Haseltine, Matt Odmark, Stephen Mason, Charlie Lowell, Mark Hudson, Greg Wells)
- "Headstrong" (IA Demo) - 4:04
- "Coffee Song" (from Seatbelt Tuba) - 3:02
- "Can't Erase It" (Tweed Horse Sessions Demo) - 3:11
- "Kaylos" - 0:42
- "New Math" (Tweed Horse Sessions Demo) - 3:20
- "Fly Farther" (duet with Alison Krauss) - 5:31
- "Collide" (Tweed Horse Sessions Demo) - 4:15
- "Frail" (Frail Demo Album Version) - 4:04