| docudrama, science|
The Romance of Science was a Canadian scientific docudrama television series which aired on CBC Television in 1960.
The Romance of Science Wikipedia
Each episode featured dramatic portrayals of noted scientists. Niagara Film Productions produced the series for CBC Television.
Half-hour episodes were broadcast on Sundays at 5:30 p.m. (Eastern) from 5 June to 28 August 1960.
- 5 June 1960: James Watt and his improvements to steam engine technology
- 12 June 1960: Michael Faraday discovers electromagnetic induction, starring William Needles
- John Dalton and his contributions to atomic theory
- 26 June 1960: Carl Friedrich Gauss and his mathematical works such as statistics
- 3 July 1960: Physicist Hermann von Helmholtz (Norman Ettlinger) and his development of electrodynamics
- 10 July 1960: Chemist Antoine Lavoisier (Lloyd Bochner)
- 17 July 1960: Charles Darwin (Michael Kane), inventor of evolutionary theory
- 24 July 1960: Gottfried Leibniz and his development of infinitesimal calculus, starring Ivor Barry and Mavor Moore
- 31 July 1960: Johannes Kepler and his work in mathematics and astronomy
- 7 August 1960: Carl Linnaeus and his invention of the binary taxonomy of plants
- 14 August 1960: Engineer and physicist William Thomson, 1st Baron Kelvin
- 21 August 1960: Inventor and physicist Benjamin Thompson (Count Rumford) and his theories on heat
- 28 August 1960: Sigmund Freud (Gilles Pelletier) and his development of psychoanalysis