Thatt Antha Heli?! is a Kannada quiz TV program broadcast on DD Chandana TV channel telecasting from Doordarshan Kendra, Bangalore, India.
Thatt Antha Heli Wikipedia
This show has completed 3,150 episodes without any sponsorship. The host is Dr. Naa Someshwara. Each episode has three participants, who answer 12 questions in different fields such as education, science and technology, culture, and heritage. Each correct answer earns the contestant a new book. The show is telecast from 09.30 PM to 10.00 PM in DD Chandana channel from Monday through Friday. The re-run is telecast next day between 11.00am to 11.30am.
1. Total of 12 questions and questions have four options.
2. Each question carries 10 points
3. A book for every correct answer
5. If correct answer is given before the options are announced, two books instead of one is awarded.
6. Even if a person gives a correct answer as a third person, he gets no points.
7. If a person crosses 100 points, as an encouragement, a special CD is given as a gift.
8. No negative tricks are allowed.
9. The quiz is open to any one aged above 14 years. No maximum age limit.
10. The interested may write a letter to DD Chandana with their basic information like Name, Sex, age, Address, Educational qualification, Hobbies and mobile number.
The quiz questions includes Kannada Idioms and phrases, Kannada proverbs, Kannada riddles, Kannada jumble word, Kannada cross-word, Kannada word synonyms and a mental calculation Math problem. It has a picture question also. Usually there are two visual questions. One is exclusively meant for identifying Kannada poets/litterateurs and other visual question is related to identifying a Plant species or an Animal, Identifying a celebrity, a place etc. The Final question is a bumper question, which can earn 4 books. This question also includes 3 clues. Apart from these there are questions on State, National and international importance. If no clue is used, the contestant gets all four books. If one clue is used, three books are given, Two books if two clues used and a single book if all the three clues are used. This question is supposed to be toughest of the lot.