| April 1976|
Rock music, Reggae
| Live in L.A.
| Joe Cocker albums, Rock music albums|
Stingray is the sixth studio album by Joe Cocker, released in 1976 (see 1976 in music).
- "The Jealous Kind" (Bobby Charles) – 3:51
- "I Broke Down" (Matthew Moore) – 3:29
- "You Came Along" (Bobby Charles) – 3:50
- "Catfish" (Bob Dylan, Jacques Levy) – 5:24
- "Moon Dew" (Matthew Moore) – 5:53
- "The Man in Me" (Bob Dylan) – 2:43
- "She Is My Lady" (George Clinton) – 4:37
- "Worrier" (Matthew Moore) – 3:16
- "Born Thru Indifference" (Joe Cocker, Richard Tee) – 6:15
- "A Song for You" (Leon Russell) – 6:25
A new album of such power and beauty it affirms, once again, why Joe Cocker has a special place in American music.
Stingray is Joe Cocker's seventh and arguably his best album.
Recorded in Jamaica with the aid of crack producer Rob Fraboni, and a tightly sprung soul band, Stingray moves with an understated forcefulness that simultaneously generates both moonlit loveliness and churning dramatic tension.
Cocker's entire range of vocal expression - from his fragile whisper to his desperate scream - comes across with breathtaking urgency.
Joe Cocker has reached another artistic pinnacle with more than a little help from his friends.Joe Cocker - lead vocals
Cornell Dupree, Eric Gale, Albert Lee, Eric Clapton - guitar
Gordon Edwards - bass
Steve Gadd - drums, percussion
Richard Tee - keyboards, organ
Sam Rivers - soprano saxophone
Felix "Flaco" Falcon - percussion, congas
Patti Austin, Bonnie Bramlett, Lani Groves, Gwen Guthrie, Phylliss Lindsey, Brenda White, Maxine Willard Waters, Deniece Williams - backing vocals
Tyrone Downie, Peter Tosh, Eric Gale, Richard Tee - arrangements
Mark Aglietti, Richard Tee - associate producers
Baker Bigsby, Neil Case, Rob Fraboni - engineer
1The Jealous Kind3:51Stingray (album) Wikipedia
2I Broke Down3:29
3You Come Along3:50