|Education Eton College|
|Name Spencer 7th|
|Full Name Spencer Douglas David Compton|
Born 2 April 1946 (age 74) (1946-04-02)
Known for Pro Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England
Title 7th Marquess of Northampton
Predecessor 6th Marquess of Northampton
Role William Compton, 6th Marquess of Northampton's son
Spouse Pamela Martina (m. 1990–2013)
Children Lady Lara Katrina Compton
Parents Virginia Lucie Heaton, William Compton, 6th Marquess of Northampton
Grandchildren Charlie de Candole, Pasha Gabriel Jan
Grandparents William Compton, 5th Marquess of Northampton, Mary Florence Baring
Great-grandparents William Compton, 4th Marquess of Northampton, Eliza Elliot
Spencer "Spenny" Douglas David Compton, 7th Marquess of Northampton (born 2 April 1946) is a British peer.
He is the son of the Most Hon. William Compton, 6th Marquess of Northampton and Virginia Lucie Compton, née Heaton.
He was listed as having properties worth £120 million in the 2011 Estates Gazette Rich List. In November 1993, the Appellate Division of the New York State Supreme Court confirmed his claim to the ownership of the Sevso Treasure, a hoard of late Roman Empire silver.
Marriages and issue
Lord Northampton has been married six times. He has four children.
1) Baroness Henriette Luisa Bentinck (b. in London, 1949–2010), the daughter of Baron Adolph Bentinck and Baroness Gabrielle Thyssen-Bornemisza de Kászon. She married Lord Northampton in 1967 and divorced him in 1973. She has since been married to Mr. Richard Thompson and Mr. Serge Boissevain. This first marriage produced two children:
2) Miss Annette Mary Smallwood in 1974. They divorced in 1977. She later married and divorced the Hon Simon Howard (son of George Howard, Baron Howard of Henderskelfe), with no issue from either marriage.
3) Miss Rosemary Ashley Morritt Hancock in 1977. They divorced in 1983. They had one daughter:
4) Miss Ellen Erhardt, former wife of Michael Pearson, 4th Viscount Cowdray, on 12 January 1985; they were divorced in 1988. They had one child:
5) Miss Pamela Martina Raphaela Haworth in 1990. They were divorced in 2013.
6) Miss Tracy Goodman on 4 September 2013.
The heir apparent to the marquessate and its subsidiary titles is Northampton's only son Daniel, Earl Compton (b. 1973). Since he has, so far, fathered no sons of his own, the heir apparent's heir presumptive is his first cousin James William Compton (b. 1974), son of the late Lord William James Bingham Compton (1947–2007), who has two daughters by his wife Natasha Somers (married 2000). The next heir is Alwyne Compton (b. 1919), the most senior grandson of Lord Alwyne Frederick Compton (1855–1911), the third son of the 4th Marquess; he is childless. His brother the late Robert "Robin" Compton (1922-2009) left two sons, both of whom have two sons of their own.