Country United States
|Director Gordon Douglas
Oren W. Haglund (assistant director)|
Release date July 15, 1953
Old hollywood so this is love
So This Is Love (Also Known as The Grace Moore Story is a 1953 film directed by Gordon Douglas, based on the life of singer Grace Moore. The film stars Kathryn Grayson as Moore, and Merv Griffin. The story chronicles Moore's rise to stardom from 1918 to February 7, 1928 when she made her premiere at the Metropolitan Opera.
- Old hollywood so this is love
- Cinderella so this is love lyrics mrsdisney0
- Track listing
Cinderella so this is love lyrics mrsdisney0
Grace Moore (Kathryn Grayson) dreams of being a great opera singer. She starts out singing at a nightclub, where she meets her boyfriend Buddy (Merv Griffin). She takes singing lessons and Buddy pressures her to marry him and move out of the city. Grace, however, cannot give up on her career.
At one point her dreams may be dashed, as poor singing instruction has inflamed her vocal cords. Under the direction of a new, better voice coach, she is told to rest and not speak for three months. She does so, but Buddy Nash marries another woman while Grace is secluded in a cabin.
Upon Grace's return to New York City, she is able to sing again and continues her lessons. She is hired as an understudy in a musical and takes over when the leading lady (Marie Windsor) falls ill. Grace's performance impresses the producers so much that she is made a star on Broadway. Her next boyfriend, Bryan Curtis (Douglas Dick), dates her for two years before insisting they get married, to which Grace agrees.
When Grace auditions for the Metropolitan Opera, she is told that she lacks experience and that her youth, charm and voice are better suited to musical comedies. She wagers Otto Kahn (Roy Gordon), the Manager of Metropolitan Opera, that she will perform there within two years. She quits her musical contract and books passage to Europe in order to get better vocal training. Bryan says he can't compete with her dream and ends their engagement.
Two years later Grace has returned and sings in a starring role at the Metropolitan. She is a success and has finally achieved her dream to be an opera star.
So This is Love is a jukebox musical. The soundtrack consists of various songs from multiple composers. Songs, such as Remember by Irving Berlin and Pack Up Your Troubles... by Felix Powell and George Henry Powell, were released prior to and not written for the film.
- Voi, Che Sapete - Kathryn Grayson
- Time On My Hands - Kathryn Grayson
- The Tickle Toe - Kathryn Grayson
- The Kiss Waltz - Kathryn Grayson
- Remember - Kathryn Grayson
- Oh Me! Oh My! - Kathryn Grayson
- I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate - Kathryn Grayson
- Ciribiribin - Kathryn Grayson
- Ah! Je Ris De Me Voir Si Belle (The Jewel Song) - Kathryn Grayson
- Christ The Lord Is Risen Today
- I Kiss Your Hand, Madame - Merv Griffin
- I'm Just Wild About Harry
- In Dat Great Gittin' Up Morning - Noreen Corcoran
- Je Veux Vivre (Juliet's Waltz Song) - Kathryn Grayson
- Pack Up Your Troubles In Your Old Kit Bag and Smile, Smile, Smile!
- Si, Mi Chiamo Mimi (Mimi's Aria) - Kathryn Grayson
- So This is Love
ReferencesSo This Is Love (film) Wikipedia
So This Is Love (film) IMDb So This Is Love (film) themoviedb.org