Sidhi is a city and a municipality in Sidhi district in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is the headquarters of the Sidhi district.
Sidhi is located at 24.42°N 81.88°E / 24.42; 81.88. It has an average elevation of 272 metres (892 feet). It is a state of Chandela Rajput who came from Khajuraho. They mainly live in Bardi State and then again divide into a few areas in Sidhi.
- a.Tribal Population 910983 (2001)
- 351660 (2001)
- Geographical Area 10536 km2.
- Sex Ratio 932(2001)
- Sub-Division 03
- Legislative Parliament Area 01 (Sidhi)
- Legislative Assembly Area 04 (Churhat, Sidhi, Sihawal and Dhauhani)
- Block/ Janpad Panchayat 05
- Tribal Block 01
- Tehsil 06 (Gopad Banas, Churhat, Rampur Naikin, Majhauli, Kusmi and Sihawal)
- Revenue Circle 12
- Patwari Halka 186
- Village Panchayat 402
- Total Village 1024
- Forest Village 1
- Rehabilitated Village 992
- Viran Village 32
- Municipality 01
- Nagar Panchayat 02
- College 7
- Middle School 257
- Higher Secondary and High School 100
- Primary School 1350
- Density 130
- Schedule Caste Percentage 11.9
- Rainfall in the district for last 12 years Average Rainfall 1248.3mm
As of the 2001 India census, Sidhi had a population of 45,664 with males constituting 54% of the population, females 46%. Sidhi has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 77%, and female literacy is 60%. In Sidhi, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.Beerbal Birthplace is ghoghra sidhi, & his career started from here before moving to Mughal Emperor Akbar's court.
Arjun Singh former CM of Madhya Pradesh
Govind Mishra, Member of Parliament, Parliamentary Constituency No. 11 Sidhi
Ajay Singh, former cabinet minister in Madhya Pradesh Govt., Leader of opposition; Member
of Legislative Assembly, Assembly Constituency No. 76 Churhat.Riti Pathak, Member of Parliament, Parliamentary Constituency No. 11 Sidhi