|Released 1 January 1981|
Producer Jack Richardson
Release date 1 January 1981
Label Radio Records
|Recorded November 1979, October - November 1980 in Miami, FL|
Say No More (1981) Day After Day Live (1990)
Genres Rock music, Pop music, Power pop
Similar Wish You Were Here, Head First, Magic Christian Music, Airwaves, Straight Up
Say No More is the last studio album recorded by British rock band Badfinger that contained new material. Issued in January 1981 on Radio Records, the LP was the second and last attempt by Tom Evans and Joey Molland to recapture Badfinger's earlier market success, which was lost after the death of band founder Pete Ham in 1975. The album was recorded in Miami, FL by Evans, Molland, keyboardist Tony Kaye (formerly of Yes), guitarist Glen Sherba and drummer Richard Bryans and was co-produced by Jack Richardson.
Rockier than its predecessor Airwaves, this final outing by Badfinger produced one semi-successful single with the song "Hold On", which reached #56 on the US Billboard charts in 1981. The album peaked at only #155 in the US Billboard Album chart.
Evans' song "Rock 'N' Roll Contract" had originally been recorded for the band for the Head First album, but that album was still unreleased at the time of Say No More.
- "I Got You" (Joey Molland) - 3:39
- "Come On" (Tom Evans) - 3:24
- "Hold On" (Evans/Joe Tansin) - 3:24
- "Because I Love You" (Molland) - 2:49
- "Rock 'N' Roll Contract" (Evans) - 5:37
- "Passin' Time" (Molland) - 3:30
- "Three Time Loser" (Evans) - 3:30
- "Too Hung Up on You" (Evans) - 3:21
- "Crocadillo" (Evans/Roach) - 4:29
- "No More" (Molland) - 3:21
1I Got You3:49