| Swimming|| Ram Barkai|
| October 22, 1957 (age 58) (1957-10-22) Kibbutz Maagan, Israel|
Sunday Hot Chocolate Swimming Club
Israeli, South African
Ram Barkai Wikipedia
Ram Barkai (born October 22, 1957) is a South African open water swimmer and former businessman, specializing in Ice swimming and known for his ability to withstand extremely cold waters. He has taken on many of the world's toughest swims, including that in the icy waters of Switzerland and the shark-infested waters of South Africa. Born in Israel, Barkai holds many world records related to swimming, including the record for being the only person to have swum the Robben Island crossing at night. He has also appeared on many television programs, including the documentary Stan Lee's Superhumans. Founder of the International Ice Swimming Association, Barkai resides in Cape Town, South Africa, where he moved to in 1996 and first experienced cold open water swimming.
Prior to moving to Cape Town, where he now resides, Barkai served five years in the Israeli Army and 9 years in Tokyo and Japan.
Swimming aside, Barkai was the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Cadiz Holding Limited from 2005 to 2012.Ram Barkai completed many swims around the world.
1. Robben Island Crossing 25 times.
2. Rottnest Channel Crossing naked solo category.
3. Round Cape Point First Man to do the swim together with Andrew Chin.
4. Round The Cape Peninsula 100 km relay swim.
5. Across the Sea of Galilee 10 km width and 22 km Length.
6. Antarctica 1 km at 1C at 70 degrees South - Guinness World Record 2008.
7. Lake Zurich Barkai swam 2.3k at 4C
8. Ram was part of a team of six swimmers who swam the entire length, 2000 km, of the Orange River
9. Around Pennock Island Alaska 14 km
10. Magellan Straits, Beagle Channel and was part of a team of 5 South Africans to be the first ever swimmers to swim around Cape Horn
11. Siberia Tyumen 1 km at 0C and 1.5 km at 0c, air temp -33C
12. Russia Murmansk 1mile at 0C
13 Participated in an international relay team that swim across two entire widths of the Bering Strait 134 km water temp 2C-8C
14 Antarctica, Neko Harbor swam 1.2 km at water temp of -1C
Ram Barkai . has four children.