Running time 2h 55m
|Director Gudavalli Ramabrahmam|
Music director Narasimha Rao Bhimavarapu
|Writer Tripuraneni Gopichand, Malladi Viswanatha Kaviraju, Gudavalli Ramabrahmam, Tapi Dharma Rao|
Release date 1939
Screenplay Tapi Dharma Rao, Tripuraneni Gopichand, Viswanatha Kaviraju Malladi
Cast Tanguturi Suryakumari (Seetha), Bellary Raghava (Narisi Reddy), Vedantam Raghavaiah (Dancer in the Dasavatharam song), S Varalakshmi (Beggar Girl), Puvvula Suri Babu (Ramajogi)
Similar movies Puvvula Suri Babu and others appear in Raithu Bidda and Mala Pilla, Ummadi Kutumbam (1967), Nammina Bantu (1959), Rojulu Marayi (1955), Mayalokam (1945)
Raithu Bidda (English: Farmer of Common Origins) (Telugu: రైతు బిడ్డ, lit. Farmer-Son of the Soil) is a 1939 Telugu social problem film directed by Gudavalli Ramabrahmam. It is a social reformist film during the period of British India, at the time of battle against Zamindari system. The film was banned by the British Administration in the region. Ironically it was produced by one of the Zamindars of the time, Challapalli Maharaja. The film had a public re-release in 1948.
The film is a seminal reformist melodrama critiquing the Zamindari system from the viewpoint of the Kisan Sabha (Farmer's Union) agitations in Andhra Pradesh. Small-time landowner Narsi Reddy (Raghawan) borrows money from a shavukar (rich person) who represents the major zamindar (landlord) (Sitapathy) of the village. When Narsi Reddy votes for a peasant candidate (Kosaraju) rather than a candidate of the political party supported by the landlord, his son is attacked and he is publicly humiliated.
- "Nidra Melukora Tammuda Gaadha Nidra Melukora Tammuda" - (Snger: P. Suri Babu)
- "Mangalamamma Maa Poojalu Gaikonumamma" - Group song
- "Raitu Paina Anuragamu Choopani" - (Singer: P. Suribabu)
- "Vayinchuma Murali Vayinchu Krishna"
- "Kanna Biddakai Kalavara Paduchunu Kanneeru Karchunu" - (Singer: P. Suribabu)
- "Ravoyi Vanamali Birabira Ravoyi" - (Singer: Tanguturi Suryakumari)
- "Sai Sai Idena Bharathi Nee Pere" - (Burrakatha by P. Suri Babu group)
- "Sukshetramulu Dayasoonulai Peedinchu" (Poem by P. Suri Babu)
- "Raithuke Otivvavalenanna Nee Kashta Sukhamula" - (Singers: P. Suri Babu and others)
- "Dasavatraramulu" - (Veedhi Natakam)
ReferencesRaithu Bidda Wikipedia
Raithu Bidda IMDb