Up, Up and Away
| March 23, 1967
Van Gelder Studios, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey|
This Is Criss!, The Beat Goes On!, Go Man!, Crisscraft, I'll Catch the Sun!
Portrait of Sonny Criss is an album by saxophonist Sonny Criss recorded in 1967 and released on the Prestige label.
Allmusic awarded the album 4 stars with its review by Scott Yanow calling it "An excellent outing".
Sonny Criss - alto saxophone
Walter Davis, Jr. - piano
Paul Chambers - bass
Alan Dawson - drums
- "A Million or More Times" (Walter Davis, Jr.) - 4:25
- "Wee" (Denzil Best) - 4:32
- "God Bless the Child" (Billie Holiday, Arthur Herzog, Jr.) - 6:30
- "On a Clear Day" (Burton Lane, Alan Jay Lerner) - 6:21
- "Blues in the Closet" (Oscar Pettiford) - 5:14
- "Smile" (Charlie Chaplin) - 4:39
1A Million or More Times4:25Portrait of Sonny Criss Wikipedia
3God Bless the Child6:30