|Name Pandurang Abhang|
Ex-MLA Shri. Pandurang Gamaji Abhang Saheb official Documentary - अभंग गाथा
Pandurang Gamaji Abhang is the President of ‘Deenmitrakar’ Mukundrao Patil Smarak Samiti.
Abhang is a veteran leader in the co-operative sector in Ahmednagar district. He was the Member of Maharashtra Legislative Assembly from 1995-1999. Hailing from an agricultural background, he was inspired by Yashwantrao Chavan and Marutrao Ghule Patil. Beginning his career at a grassroots level, in the political and co-operative sector, he was elevated to the post of Chairman of Ahmednagar District Central Co-operative Bank (the largest co-operative bank in Asia). He is also the Vice-Chairman of Shri. Dnyaneshwar Co-operative Sugar Factory Ltd. and has been associated with the day-to-day functioning since its inception; working for the well-being and prosperity of ordinary farmers and rural people. Nominated to various social and political organizations, he has used them to serve the public at- large. He has also served on the Board of Trustees for Shri. Saibaba Sansthan Shirdi and is an active trustee on Sant Dnyaneshwar Trust Newasa. In addition, he is the founder and chief mentor of Samata Rural Multi-state Co-operative credit Society, which meets the financial and banking needs of the underprivileged and common people. He has incepted various co-operative institutions, cotton ginning factory, primary agricultural societies, Ahmednagar District Labour Federation etc. He is serving in the management of various schools, high schools, colleges; shaping the future generations of the country.
Awards & recognition
- Dr. Patangrao Kadam Foundation`s Lifetime Achievement Award
- Late Sahakarmahrshi Bhausaheb Thorat Award for Excellence in Co-operative Sector
- Press Reporters and Editors Association Maharashtra- Lifetime Achievement, Award
Under his leadership:
- NABARD`s Kisan Club Award to ADCC Bank, Ahmednagar,
- Economical Development Corporation for Women`s Award for Empowerment of Rural Women in Maharashtra.
- Banking Frontier`s National Level Awards (3 Categories)
- Excellency in Network Banking,
- NPA Management
- Statutory Compliance
Study Tour 1994-Agricultural study tour on Water Management to Israel. Countries travelled- Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Switzerland and Netherlands.