Network Cartoon Network
Music by Kohei Tanaka
First episode date 25 August 1996
Genre Military science fiction
|Directed by Takeyuki Kanda (Eps. 1-6)Umanosuke Iida (Eps. 7-12)|
Written by Akira Okeya (Eps. 1-9)Hiroaki Kitajima (Eps. 10-12)
Licensed by Madman EntertainmentSunrise
Released January 25, 1996 – July 25, 1999
Similar Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Sta, Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: Wa, Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
Persianversion mobile suit gundam the 08th ms team anime review spoiler heavy
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (Japanese: 機動戦士ガンダム 第08MS小隊, Hepburn: Kidō Senshi Gandamu Dai Zerohachi Emu Esu Shōtai) is an original video animation (OVA) anime series in the Gundam franchise. Released from January 25, 1996, to July 25, 1999, the 12-episode series details the exploits of an Earth Federation ground unit during the One Year War - specifically a month after the beginning of original 1979 Gundam series and into the final weeks of the war.
- Persianversion mobile suit gundam the 08th ms team anime review spoiler heavy
- Mobile suit gundam the 08th ms team theme
- Main characters
- Supporting characters
- Earth Federation
- Production and development
- Theme music
- Millers Report
Mobile suit gundam the 08th ms team theme
The series is set in Universal Century 0079 in the jungles of Southeast Asia. The Earth Federation and the Principality of Zeon are fighting a brutal guerrilla war for control of the area and its resources. Zeon’s best hope for victory in the region rests with an experimental mobile armor and its pilot, Aina Sahalin. Meanwhile, the Earth Federal Army, receive reinforcements in the form of Ensign Shiro Amada, newly named commander of the 08th MS Team. Aina and Shiro know each other from a mutual rescue in space, but when Shiro discovers that Aina is in fact the pilot of the Zeon mobile armor he is arrested for treason. The Federation offers Shiro one chance at redemption: He must take the 08th MS Team deep into Zeon held territory to find Zeon’s hidden base. With the Zeon backed into a corner, and the Federation dependent on Shiro and his team for victory, the star crossed lovers must decide where their true allegiances lie: with each other, or with their respective sides.
- RX-75 Mass Production Guntank (量産型ガンタンク) (Type: Soldier)
- RB-79K Ball K (先行量産型ボール) (Type: Soldier)
- RX-79G Ground Gundam (陸戦型ガンダム) (Type: Soldier)
- RX-79GEZ8 Gundam EZ8 (ガンダムEZ8) (Type: Commander)
- RGM-79E Prototype GM (初期型ジム) (Type: Soldier)
- RGM-79G Ground GM (陸戦型ジム) (Type: Soldier)
- RGM-79G GM Sniper (ジム・スナイパー) (Type: Soldier)
- MSM-04 Acguy (アッガイ) (Type: Soldier)
- MS-05 Zaku I (ザクI) (Type: Soldier)
- MS-05 Topp's Zaku (トップ専用ザク) (Type: Commander)
- MS-06 Zaku II (ザクII) (Type: Soldier)
- MS-06J Dell's Zaku (デル専用ザク) (Type: Commander)
- MS-06J Ash's Zaku (アス専用ザク) (Type: Commander)
- MS-06JC Ground Zaku II (陸戦型ザクII) (Type: Soldier)
- MS-06K Zaku Cannon (ザクキャノン) (Type: Soldier)
- MS-06V Zaku Tank (ザクタンク) (Type: Soldier)
- MS-06RD-4 Prototype Zaku II (宇宙用高機動試験型ザク) (Type: Soldier)
- MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom (グフカスタム) (Type: Commander)
- MS-07H-8 Gouf Flight Type (グフフライトタイプ) (Type: Soldier)
- MS-09 Dom (ドム) (Type: Soldier)
Production and development
The series first took shape in 1995 with the first episode released on January 25, 1996. Production went well until director Takeyuki Kanda died in July 1996. GONZO's Umanosuke Iida took over production for the rest of the series.
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team Miller's Report is a compilation movie. Released in 1998, the movie largely focuses on Shiro Amada's court martial over his concern towards the enemy. The movie mixes footage from the first eight episodes along with new footage. It also introduces the titular character, Alice Miller, an Earth Federation investigator assigned to gather additional evidence against Shiro.
The movie explains the plot connection between episodes eight and nine by showing Eledore's return from leave and the team's issuance of new orders.
Miller's Report was not fully shown on TV in America, although the new scenes were all spliced into the eighth episode for the Toonami broadcast. Miller's Report was released on DVD in America separately from the main series, but is included as a fifth disc with all 12 episodes (4 discs) in the Collector's Edition Box Set. Bandai Visual released the movie on Blu-ray in 2011.