Name Melvyn Rodrigues
|Education B.B.M.(Business Management), M.A. (Sociology)|
Literary movement Propagation of Konkani Poetry towards International Status
Amchi Mati Amchi Monsham with MELVYN RODRIGUES, Poet│Episode-40│Daijiworld Television
Melvyn Rodrigues is a Konkani Poet and Konkani Language Activist.
- Amchi Mati Amchi Monsham with MELVYN RODRIGUES, Poet│Episode 40│Daijiworld Television
- About Melvyn
- Music Album Lyricist
- Propagation of Konkani Poetry via Kavita Trust
- Konkani journalism
- Highest Award
- Other awards
Melvyn Rodrigues was born at Derebail, Mangalore, on 8 July 1962. His parents were (late) Charles and (late) Theresa Rodrigues, with family of 4 children, 2 girls and 2 boys. He had his primary education at Holy Family Higher Primary School, Derebail, and his High School studies in Padua High School, Mangalore. After completing his Pre-University studies at St.Aloysius College, he acquired his B.B.M. degree at S.D.M.College, Mangalore, and M.A. (Sociology) degree from Mysore University. He worked in Dubai until 2006. Now he is settled in Mangalore and working as Operations Director at www.daijidubai.com.
Music Album Lyricist
Propagation of Konkani Poetry via Kavita Trust
Kavita Trust was formed in 2006 and Melvyn Rodrigues was the founder president of the Trust. The Trust has its mission as "To function as a "School for the Promotion and Propagation of Konkani poetry". It operates out of Mangalore. It conducts several activities to promote Konkani poetry such as
- Endowment Lectures by eminent poets- Yearly
- Kavita Fest (Konkani Poetry Festival) - Yearly
- Konkani Poetry Publications
- All India Konkani Poetry Writing Competition for Students - Yearly
- All India Konkani Poetry Reciting Competition for Youth - Yearly
- All India Konkani Poetry Reciting Competition for Children - Yearly
He is the editor of the website www.kavitaa.com. This website, dedicated to konkani poetry, was started in 2001. All the information and news on activities of Kavita Trust are published in it.
He won the Central Sahitya Akademi Award in 2010 for his book (Collection of Poems) Prikriticho Paas.