|Years active 1973-present|
Name Luz Velez
Spouse Benjamin Casillas
|Height 5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Full Name Luz Nereida Velez|
Born October 8, 1955 ( Age 65 ) (1955-10-08) Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
Occupation Anchor; Television Reporter
Similar Pedro Rosa Nales , Guillermo José Torres, Jay Fonseca, WAPA-TV
Superxclusivo 7 16 10 explotando blusa de luz nereida velez
Born in 1955, Luz Nereida Vélez is a recently retired television reporter from Puerto Rico. She worked at Noticentro 4, Puerto Rico's leading broadcast station for over 40 years.
- Superxclusivo 7 16 10 explotando blusa de luz nereida velez
- What Did Her Early Life Look Like
- What Did Her Professional Life Look Like
- The veteran reporter is currently working on two biographical books, which are supposed to be released in the year 2022.
- Owing to her medical degree, Luz Nereida has immense knowledge in healthcare sciences for which she became a specialist in Health for WAPA TV-Noticentro, apart from being a Weathercaster and a producer for the same channel.
- After retiring from the channel, Luz Nereida now lives in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico.
- In the late 1980s, after she made a name as a reporter, she also became a sex symbol of sorts. Many articles with photos of her wearing bathing suits and bikinis were published by Vea, Teve Guia, and other local publications.
- She is currently the host of a live radio program on healthcare on Noti-Uno 630 AM and a coach training in oral communication.
What Did Her Early Life Look Like ?
Luz Nereida Vélez was born in Mayagüez, the fifth-largest city in Puerto Rico, to her parents Samuel Velez and Carmen Nereida Rosado. She also has a younger sister named Yolanda Velez. Mr. Velez, their father, was a prisoner of war in Korea and came back to the country in 1953.
The family lived soon moved to New York after Luz Nereida Vélez was born, while the father lives in Lajas Valley on the southwestern coastline of Puerto Rico. Luz Nereida spent all her life in America, living there even now.
What Did Her Professional Life Look Like ?
Growing up, she belonged to a conservative family. They wanted her to become a doctor, but she was extremely determined to become a journalist right from her early days. Luz Nereida completed her schooling from Eugenio Maria de Hostos. Being a great student, she then studied Biology and Chemistry under a Pre-Medical program at the Recinto Universitario Mayaguez, the second-largest university campus of the University of Puerto Rico system. Since she always dreamed of becoming a journalist, she went for a second degree. She studied Broadcast Journalism at Duquesne University, a private university in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Right after completing her studies at Pittsburgh, she joined WAPA-TV and stayed with them for over 40 years.