| Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man
Academy of Country Music Award for Album of the Year
Loretta Lynn albums, Country music albums
Love Is the Foundation is a 1973 studio album by American country music singer-songwriter, Loretta Lynn.
Love Is the Foundation was Lynn's second studio album of the year, as well as her second album off of MCA Records. The album's title track was released as the first single, and peaked at #1 on the Billboard Country Chart soon after. The second single was released following the release of a duet hit with Conway Twitty. Titled, "Hey Loretta", written by Shel Silverstein, peaked in the Top 5, and nearly reached #1 as well. The album consists of 11 tracks. Lynn's own compositions appear here, including "Five Fingers Left", and a song written one of Lynn's siblings, "You're Still Lovin' Me". The album also includes cover versions of hits, including Kris Kristofferson's "Why Me" and Jeanne Pruett's "Satin Sheets", both #1 hits from 1973.
A composition written by Marty Robbins, "I Gave Everything" is also featured here.
The album peaked at #1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart and #183 on the Billboard 200. The album became Lynn's fifth album to top the Top Country Albums chart.
- "Love Is the Foundation" - (William Cody Hall) 2:26
- "What Sundown Does to You" - (Carl Knight) 2:12
- "I Love You, I Love You" - (Don Gibson) 2:38
- "Just to Satisfy (The Weakness in a Man)" - (Carol Jones) 2:37
- "There's More to Leaving, Than Just Saying Goodbye" - (Bob Hampton, K. L. Starr) 2:31
- "Satin Sheets" - (John E. Volinkaty) - 2:29
- "Why Me" - (Kris Kristofferson) 2:35
- "Five Fingers Left" - (Loretta Lynn) 2:09
- "I Gave Everything" - (Marty Robbins) 2:49
- "Hey Loretta" - (Shel Silverstein) 2:48
- "You're Still Lovin' Me" - (Jay Lee Webb, John Wilson) 2:44
Album – Billboard (North America)
Singles - Billboard (North America)
1Look What They’ve Done to My Song Ma2:32Love Is the Foundation Wikipedia
2What Sundown Does to You2:13
3I Love You - I Love You2:38