| Jae-Wan Lee, Chairman|
Seoul, South Korea
5 June 1974
| Engineering, Consulting|
The Korea Engineering & Consulting Association (Korean: 한국엔지니어링협회, KENCA) was founded in 1974 as a nonprofit association of engineering firms in accordance with enactment of the Engineering Services Promotion Law.
1974 July - Korea Engineering Services Association founded in accordance with Engineering Services Promotion Law
1982 June - Became a member of International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC)
1993 May - Entrusted with the task of engineering firms registration by the Ministry of Science and Technology
1995 May - Nominated as official compiler of statistics by the Korea National Statistical Office
1995 Oct. - Entrusted by the Ministry of Construction and Transportation Organized Coordination Meeting between prime consultants and sub-consultants entrusted by the Fair Trade Commission
2000 Dec. - Relocated to new KENCA hall
2002 Aug. - Concluded cooperation agreement on engineering education with the Korea Science and Engineering Foundation under the Ministry of Science and Technology
2003 Mar. - Agreement on the KENCA-FIDIC-KAIST Training Center establishment Founded Korea Engineering Promotion Center
2003 Oct. - FIDIC Workshop in Seoul discussing FIDIC Contracts
2004 Apr. - ADB Seminar on ADB Business Opportunity in Seoul
2008 Apr. - 2008 TCDPAP&FIDIC/ASPAC Conference
As KENCA is committed to furthering advancement of engineering profession, it helps the government form engineering-
related policy through raising public awareness; educate and train engineers to elevate the quality of engineering
services provided by the member firms; and promote international cooperation between its member firms and foreign
Further details of its activities are as follows:
- Research on revision of laws and systems to improve fundamentals of the engineering industry as well as submission of recommendations to the government.
- Performing national projects entrusted by the government organization such as the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Construction and Transportation, the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy, the Fair Trade Commission, the Korea National Statistical Office, and the Korea Science and Engineering Foundation, etc.
- Publication of 'Engineering' magazine; sponsorship of presentations, lectures and symposiums to promote greater leadership in the field of engineering industry.
- Developing and publishing materials for improvement of technical capabilities of the member firms; education and training programs, including sponsoring seminars for experts in various engineering fields.
- International activities including expansion of cooperative network centered on the FIDIC; and pioneering of new overseas market.