| 30 November 1957 (age 58) (1957-11-30) Sibu, Sarawak|
Jalan Bakam, Miri, Sarawak
Sarawak United Peoples' Party (SUPP) part of Barisan Nasional
Hii King Chiong Wikipedia
Hii King Chiong (simplified Chinese: 许庆璋; traditional Chinese: 許慶璋; pinyin: Xǔ Qìng Zhāng; born 30 November 1957 in Sibu, Sarawak) is a businessman and philanthropist. In recognition of his meritorious philanthropist activities and contributions to the State of Sarawak, government, and the people, he was conferred with Ahli Bintang Sarawak (A.B.S.) - Member of the Order of the Star of Sarawak by The Governor of Sarawak.
Hii King Chiong is a Malaysian Chinese and of Foochow descent. He is married with Madam Ting Hua Eng with whom they had a son and a daughter. His father, YBhg. Datuk Hii Yii Peng who is a businessman in Sibu, always teach him the importance of contributing back to the society once successful. This has become his main life perspective. He was educated at Methodist Primary School and Sacred Heart Secondary School in Sibu. Upon his high school graduation, he took GCE 'O' Level at St. Patrick's Secondary School, Singapore, followed by GCE 'A' Level at Acton Technical College, London, United Kingdom. King Chiong graduated with Diploma in Business Studies, from University of Wolverhampton, England, UK. He further study to deepen his business knowledge, and obtained a Master of Business Administration.
Following his return to Sarawak, he applies what he learned from his university to expand the family business, into another stage of success.
He joined Sarawak United Peoples' Party (SUPP), Sibu Branch in 2006, and has since been very committed and active in party's activities. He supports the party continuously by helping to campaign and making financial contributions. Then, he joined as committee member for SUPP Piasau Branch for 2012-2014.
Hii King Chiong has over numerous years, involved himself in different responsible capacities in various social bodies, including but not limited to schools, social associations, and so forth. He has, as philanthropist and responsible corporate citizen, continuously given his best efforts to improve on the issues of concern. He set-ups two service centres in Miri, recruited volunteers and has since solved many problems faced by the Miri Society.
As he emphasises on Chinese education, he works together with associations to negotiate the best for Chinese education and hoped that one day it would have the kind of recognition enjoyed by government schools. The association board of management continues to bear heavy financial constraints to solve problems, such as old and dilapidated wooden building.
The below shows some known offices held under the nomination by the associations.
- Hii & Chin Service Centre - Advisor 2012
- East Malaysia United Hawkers Association - Advisor 2012
- Sarawak United Association of Chinese Primary Aided Schools Miri and Limbang Division. - Advisor 2012
- Miri Foochow Association - Chairman 2007-2011; Deputy Chairman 2011-2012.
- Sarawak Chinese Education Consultative Committee - Member 2012
- Miri Division Koh Yang Xu Clan Association - Chairman 2008-2012; Honorary Advisor 2012-2013
- Miri Badminto Association - Honorary Advisor 2011
- Miri Chinese Calligraphy & Cultural Society - Honorary Advisor 2011
- Miri Chinese Association - Life Advisor - 2011
- Che Sing Khor Moral Uplifting Society - Advisor 2009
- Riam Road Secondary School, Miri - Honorary Chairman 2006
- SMK Sacret Heart, Sibu - Board of Management Committee Member 2005
- SMK St. Elizabeth, Sibu - Board of Management Committee Member 2005