Name Govindarajula Rao
|Role Film actor|
Died October 29, 1959, Chennai
|Movies Gunasundari Katha, Mala Pilla, Bala Nagamma, Palnati Yuddham, Kanyasulkam|
Similar People Gudavalli Ramabrahmam, C Pullaiah, P Pullaiah, Kadiri Venkata Reddy, Ghantasala
Gunasundari katha movie songs sri thulasi jaya thulasi sriranjani govindarajula subba rao
Dr. Govindarajula Venkata Subba Rao (1895 – 29 October 1959) is a famous Telugu drama and film actor.
- Gunasundari katha movie songs sri thulasi jaya thulasi sriranjani govindarajula subba rao
- Gunasundari katha movie songs challani doravele sriranjani govindarajula subba rao
- Life sketch
Gunasundari katha movie songs challani doravele sriranjani govindarajula subba rao
He played in the drama Merchant of Venice during the school days in Tenali. He portrayed Satyaki and Bheema in Gayopakhyanam as his debut performance during the convocation function. Subsequently, he acted many dramas in variety of characters. They include Hyderjung in Bobbili, Lubdhavadhanlu in Kanyasulkam.
He has done L.M.P. in Madras. During this period he has acted in Prataparudreeyam written by Vedam Venkataraya Sastry. During one of their shows he impressed the author. He toured Andhra Pradesh and acted as Yugandhar which brought him laurels. Subsequently, he continues to act in dramas while practising medicine.
He entered Telugu films with Mala Pilla (1938) directed by Gudavalli Ramabrahmam as Sundararama Sastry. He played many Mythological, historical and social roles. He has distinct posture and gesture that are characteristic of this great acting genius. He portrayed Mayala Marathi in Bala Nagamma (1942), Brahma Naidu in Palnati Yudham, Shvaukaru Changaiah in Shavukaru and Lubdhavadhanulu in Kanyasulkam.
- Malapilla (1938) as Sundara Rama Sastry (debut)
- Gruhalakshmi (1938)
- Bala Nagamma (1942) as Mayala Maraathi
- Palnati Yudham (1947) as Brahma Naidu
- Ratnamala (1947)
- Dharmangada (1949)
- Gunasundari Katha (1949) as King Ugrasena
- Shavukaru (1950) as Showkaru Changaiah
- Pelli Chesi Choodu (1952) as NTR's father
- Charana Daasi (1956) as Basavaiah
- Kanyasulkam (1955) as Lubdhavadhanlu
- Bhagya Rekha (1957)
- Panduranga Mahatyam (1957)