Global Policy is a peer-reviewed academic journal based at Durham University focusing on the "point where ideas and policy meet", published in association with Wiley-Blackwell.
The journal was launched at the 4th Global Public Policy Network conference at the London School of Economics and Political Science on Monday 22 March 2010, with near simultaneous launch events held in Beijing and Brussels. The theme of the one-day conference was "Global Challenges: Global Impact". The General Editors are David Held, Eva-Maria Nag and Dani Rodrik.
Its first issue included articles by UK Development Secretary Douglas Alexander, General David Petraeus, Head of US Central Command, Mary Kaldor and Ian Goldin and Tiffany Vogel of Oxford University.
The journal's first edition defines its six main foci
- Globally relevant risks and collective action problems
- International policy coordination
- Normative theories of global governance
- The change from national-level to 'bloc'-level policy making
- The transition from single-polar to multipolar governance
- Innovations in global governance
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2014 impact factor of 0.603, ranking it 95th out of 161 journals in the category "Political Science" and 49th out of 85 journals in the category "International Relations".