Tripti Joshi (Editor)

Diwan Rahul Nanda

Updated on
Share on FacebookTweet on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Reddit
Covid-19
Residence  London, England, UK
Occupation  Chairman of TOPSGRUP
Spouse(s)  Raneeta Nanda
Name  Diwan Nanda
Nationality  Indian
Title  Diwan
Children  3
Diwan Rahul Nanda wwwluxuriousmagazinecomwpcontentuploads2012
Full Name  Rahul Randhir Nanda
Born  3 February 1971 (age 44) (1971-02-03) Ranchi, India

Dr diwan rahul nanda in boss s day out on ndtv profit part 1 of 2


Dr. Diwan Rahul Nanda is the Global Chairman of TOPSGRUP, the second-largest security services provider in India with close to 85,000 employees.

Contents

Diwan Rahul Nanda Dumkhum India39s Largest SecurityCompany TOPSGRUP

Interview with topsgrup chairman diwan rahul nanda


Career

Diwan Rahul Nanda How I made the UK39s Sunday Times rich list Rahul Nanda

Today, Topsgrup is India's largest security organisation and is valued at over Rs 2,000 crore, with 93,000 employees and 8,000 clients in India, Israel and the United Kingdom. The company provides security to some of the world's biggest events such as the IPL, World Cricket Champions League and also to international celebrities and VIPs. In a candid chat, Dr Nanda, still only in his early 40s, recounts his amazing journey. “As a student I was always a dreamer,” says Nanda. “But I was also very interested in business. I come from a business family and I always had an entrepreneurial streak in me. Even in college, when friends used to discuss movies and parties, I would keep track of what was happening in business and the Indian economy.

Diwan Rahul Nanda Why Diwan Rahul Nanda of TopsGrup gave up a Page 3

“I did my primary education in Colonel Brown Cambridge School in Dehra Dun, secondary schooling in Maneckji Cooper, Mumbai, and graduation from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce, Mumbai.The secret to Nanda’s relocation is the prefix that’s been added to his title, “global”. As the global chairman for Topsgrup, he now wants to expand Topsgrup into a global security services firm that will give biggies like G4S and Securitas, the $7.9 billion second largest player in the field, a run for their money.

In May 2008 Topsgrup acquired a 51 percent controlling interest in UK-based Shield Guarding, a $121 million security services provider. The company is now raising money to buy out the remaining 49 percent in Shield Guarding and possibly acquire newer companies. “We have signed a memorandum of understanding with a $300 million US security company for acquiring them. After that we want to get into the Middle East, Africa and some parts of Asia.“My father was a retired major in the Indian army. “We aim to become a Rs 1,000 crore organisation in five years. Tops already has offices in the UK and West Asia. We want to give the Indian security industry a prominent place on the world map.”

Topsgrup

TOPSGRUP is a conglomerate of 11 companies and 1 specialized division offering Total Security Solutions to over 8,000 clients in India and United Kingdom. TOPSGRUP is organised into industry specific verticals like Prime businesses, Major businesses, Finance & Technology, Celebrity Security and Retail.

Honors

  • 2012 - Inclusion in "The Sunday Times UK Rich List 2012" at rank 449th with a valuation of £168 million
  • 2011 - Won 'Entrepreneur of the Year' at TiE UK Awards
  • 2011 - Won Asian Leadership in 'International Business' at Asian Who's Who Awards
  • 2011 - Shortlisted for Social Entrepreneur of the Year at fourteenth Annual Asian Business Awards
  • 2010 - Member of Young President’s Organisation young chief executives in more than 100 countries
  • 2010 - Conferred with “Brand Leadership Award” at the CMO Asia Awards
  • 2007 - Business Leadership Award’ by Frost & Sullivan
  • Member of Associations

  • Member of Governing Council at Central Association of Private Security Industry (CAPSI) - India
  • Membership of the Young Presidents' Organization (YPO), London.
  • References

    Diwan Rahul Nanda Wikipedia


    Topics
     
    B
    i
    Link
    H2
    L