| Danielle Dax|
| Fortress Dax Spring 1987|
Blast The Human Flower
Inky Bloaters, Jesus Egg That Wept, Pop‑Eyes, Comatose‑Non‑Reaction, The Chemical Wedding
Dark Adapted Eye is a compilation album by Danielle Dax, an English experimental musician, formerly of The Lemon Kittens. Released in 1988 on Sire Records on LP, cassette and CD, it consisted of material from albums and singles released on her own label, Awesome Records, and was the first release of her material in North America. After being out of print for years, the CD was reissued in the U.S. by the Noble Rot label in 2008. All tracks were produced by Dax and co-written by David Knight.
This compilation album could be considered an expanded international edition of her third album, Inky Bloaters, except that it only has 10 of the 11 tracks from that album. "Born To Be Bad" is missing, and only appears on the Inky Bloaters album, and nowhere else.
Cover artwork is by Holly Warburton.
Text in (parentheses) indicates what releases the songs were originally on. Tracks 13-19 were only released on the CD and cassette versions of the album.
- "Cat-House" ("Cat-House" single)
- "Big Hollow Man" (Inky Bloaters)
- "White Knuckle Ride" ("White Knuckle Ride" single)
- "When I Was Young" ("Where the Flies Are" single")
- "Yummer Yummer Man" (Inky Bloaters)
- "Fizzing Human Bomb" (Inky Bloaters)
- "Whistling for His Love" ("White Knuckle Ride" single)
- "Flashback" (Inky Bloaters)
- "Inky Bloaters" (Inky Bloaters)
- "Brimstone in a Barren Land" (Inky Bloaters)
- "Bad Miss 'M'" (Inky Bloaters)
- "Touch Piggy's Eyes" ("Cat-House" 12" single)
- "House-Cat" ("Cat-House" single)
- "Bed Caves" (Pop-Eyes)
- "Sleep Has No Property" (Inky Bloaters)
- "Hammerheads" (Jesus Egg That Wept)
- "Pariah" (Jesus Egg That Wept)
- "Where the Flies Are" (Inky Bloaters)
- "Funtime" (Inky Bloaters)
1Cat-House3:32Dark Adapted Eye Wikipedia
2Big Hollow Man4:47
3White Knuckle Ride2:56