| The Early Years
5 November 2007
| 5 November 2007 (UK)
27 May 2008 (Australia)|
74:02 - UK Digital Edition
73:18 - OZ Physical Edition
Pop music, Dance music, Dance-pop, Eurodance, Electronica
Rob Davis, Rick Sanchez, Lee Monteverde
Dannii Minogue albums, Dance music albums
Club Disco is the fifth studio album by Australian singer Dannii Minogue. It was released by All Around the World as a digital download on 5 November 2007. A double disc was released in Australia on 27 May 2008 which included a bonus CD of remixes and "Touch Me Like That" as the first track. The heavily 80s disco inspired album features six singles, "You Won't Forget About Me", "Perfection", "So Under Pressure", "I Can't Sleep at Night", "He's the Greatest Dancer" and "Touch Me Like That" five of which, reached number one on the UK Dance Chart, as well as a number of remixes of other Minogue songs.
After the success of her previous album Neon Nights, Minogue was asked by All Around the World Records, a major dance label, if she would write the lyrics to a popular dance instrumental track called "Flower Power", which was a huge hit in clubs in Ibiza. Minogue agreed and wrote the lyrics to the song that would soon become "You Won't Forget About Me". About writing lyrics for the song Minogue said: "I'd heard it without vocals and I thought, 'Fantastic'. I had already written loads of vocals for myself and knew I had something that would be perfect for it."
In 2005, Minogue began writing and recording material with longtime collaborator Terry Ronald and British dance group LMC. During one of their sessions, they penned "So Under Pressure", which was inspired by the cancer diagnoses of her sister Kylie Minogue as well as that of an unnamed friend. Minogue has described the recording of "So Under Pressure" as a "real achievement" as she was "brave enough to put all [her feelings] into words".
The working title for the album was Heavy Disco after the line in the song "Feel Like I Do". After eight of the tracks from the Heavy Disco sessions were included on Minogue's compilation The Hits & Beyond plus two b-sides on the singles 'Perfection and 'So Under Pressure, the title was changed and the tracks were also later included on Club Disco."Do You Believe Me Now?" is not included on the Australian edition and "Touch Me Like That" is included instead as the opening track with the rest of the songs following.
- "Touch Me Like That" with Jason Nevins (Stonebridge Club Mix)
- "He's the Greatest Dancer" (Shapeshifters Remix)
- "Perfection" with Soul Seekerz (Seamus Haji & Paul Emmanuel Remix)
- "So Under Pressure" (Soul Seekerz Extended)
- "You Won't Forget About Me" with Flower Power (Discode Club Mix)
- "I Can't Sleep at Night" (Kenny Hayes Sunshine Funk Mix)
- "Touch Me Like That" with Jason Nevins (Space Cowboy Remix)
- "He's the Greatest Dancer" (Riffs & Rays Remix)
- "Perfection" with Soul Seekerz (Koishii & Hush Remix)
- "So Under Pressure" (Steve Pitron Remix)
- "Do You Believe Me Now?" with Roger SanchezIncorrectly labeled as "Do You Believe In Me" (Roger Sanchez remix)
All bonus footage appears on the 7digital bundle version of Club Disco.
Artwork By - Central Station Records
Other [Dannii Minogue Worldwide Representation] - Melissa Le Gear, Nathan Smith
Other [Legal] - Mark Klemens
Other [Personal Assistant To Dannii Minogue] - Tori King
Other [Very Special Thanks To] - George Nakas (Forty Four's), Ian Masterson (Thriller Jill), Jake Schultz (The Location), Rob Davis, Terry Ronald (Thriller Jill)
Photography - Cody Burridge
Photography [Additional] - Andrew Hobbs
Producer - Lee Monteverde (tracks: 1-07, 1-08, 1-11), Rob Davis (tracks: 1-10, 1-12, 1-13), Thriller Jill (tracks: 1-14, 1-15, 1-16)
- "So Under Pressure" (Music Video)
- "I Can't Sleep at Night" (Music Video)
- "Perfection" (Music Video)
- "You Won't Forget About Me" (Music Video)
1Touch Me Like That3:28Club Disco Wikipedia
2Feel Like I Do (JCA remix)3:51
3Perfection (12" mix)6:26