The Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in 1956 in Bangkok. Its aim is to assist member institutions to strengthen themselves through mutual self-help to achieve distinction in teaching, research, and public service, thereby contributing to their respective nations and beyond.
As of 2016 the ASAIHL Secretary-General is Dr Ninnat Olanvoravuth of Chulalongkorn University.
As of 2016 ASAIHL had 198 member institutions in 23 nations ranging from Sweden to New Zealand including all ASEAN member nations with the exception of Laos.
- Sir Nicholas Attygalle, University of Ceylon
- Air Marshal Muni M. Vejyant Rangshrisht, Chulalongkorn University
- Dr Lindsay Ride, University of Hong Kong
- Prof Bahder Djohan, University of Indonesia
- Sir Sydney Caine, University of Malaya
- Dr Vidal A. Tan, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Dr Htin Aung, University of Rangoon
- Prof Nguyễn Quang Trình, National University of Vietnam