World Pacific WP 1253
| December 11 & 12, 1957 and September 25, 1958
New York City|
What Is There to Say?
Gerry Mulligan albums, Jazz albums
Annie Ross Sings a Song with Mulligan! is an album by vocalist Annie Ross with jazz saxophonist and bandleader Gerry Mulligan featuring performances recorded in 1957 and 1958 which were released on the World Pacific label.
Annie Ross Sings a Song with Mulligan! Wikipedia
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow stated "Singer Annie Ross' first solo album after joining Lambert, Hendricks & Ross finds her at the peak of her powers. ...all the selections are quite rewarding and her interplay with baritonist Mulligan is consistently memorable".
All compositions by Gerry Mulligan except as indicated
Recorded in New York City on December 11 & 12, 1957 (tracks 7-16) and September 25, 1958 (tracks 1-6).
Gerry Mulligan - baritone saxophone
Chet Baker (tracks 7-16), Art Farmer (tracks 1-6) - trumpet
Bill Crow (tracks 1-6), Henry Grimes (tracks 7-16) - bass
Dave Bailey - drums
- "I Feel Pretty" (Leonard Bernstein, Stephen Sondheim) - 3:32
- "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face" (Frederick Loewe, Alan Jay Lerner) - 3:01
- "All of You" (Cole Porter) - 2:19
- "Give Me the Simple Life" (Rube Bloom, Harry Ruby) - 3:35
- "This Is Always" (Harry Warren, Mack Gordon) - 4:21
- "My Old Flame" (Arthur Johnston, Sam Coslow) - 3:50 Bonus track on CD reissue
- "This Time the Dream's on Me" (Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer) - 3:23
- "Let There Be Love" (Lionel Rand, Ian Grant) - 3:43
- "Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea" (Arlen, Ted Koehler) - 3:41
- "How About You?" (Burton Lane, Ralph Freed) - 2:50
- "I Guess I'll Have to Change My Plan" (Arthur Schwartz, Howard Dietz) - 2:25 Bonus track on CD reissue
- "This Is Always" [alternate take] (Warren, Gordon) - 3:59 Bonus track on CD reissue
- "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)" (Duke Ellington, Irving Mills) - 2:09
- "The Lady's in Love with You" (Burton Lane, Frank Loesser) - 2:25 Bonus track on CD reissue
- "You Turned the Tables on Me" (Louis Alter, Sidney D. Mitchell) - 3:24 Bonus track on CD reissue
- "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face" [alternate take] (Loewe, Lerner) - 3:05 Bonus track on CD reissue