Weise's music has influences from genres such as soul, jazz and swing, he has on several occasions been described as a "crooner". He is not classically trained but has developed his vocal style himself. Weise is a tenor.
Weise is known to be an "entertainer". He's inspired by great musicians as Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder and Sammy Davis Jr. Thereto Weises music and style is often compared to contemporary artists such as Robbie Williams and John Newman.
In addition to his musical talent, Weise often appears in humorous contexts on Swedish TV-shows.
Andreas Weise early on distinguished himself in the competition by his choice of classical song and as the "entertainer" of the show. He finished in fifth place.
Below is a list of performances that Weise did during Swedish Idol 2010.
He also participated on the popular TV show Let's Dance where he finished eighth.
On 28 May 2012 he released his first single, "Another Saturday Night", a cover of Sam Cooke from his self-titled album Andreas Weise that was released in August 2012. Weise himself has written many of the songs on the album. The album entered the Swedish chart at number two.
- "Another Saturday Night" (Sam Cooke)
- "Something Beautiful" (text och music: Figge Boström/Michael Michailoff)
- "Each Time We Meet" (text och music: Andreas Weise)
- "Shine" (text och music: Andreas Öberg/Andreas Weise/Dan Sundquist)
- "Turn of the Waterworks" (text och music: Andreas Weise/Andreas Öberg/Chris Antblad)
- "Me and Mrs Jones" (Kenneth Gamble/Leon Huff/Cary Gilbert)
- "She's The Deal" (text och music: Andreas Öberg/Chris Antblad)
- "Never gonna let you down" (text och music: Dan Sundquist/Andreas Öberg/Andreas Weise)
- "Quiet nights of quiet stars" (Antonio Carlos Jobim/Eng. text:Eugene Lees)
- "Love Making Love (6.30am)" (text och music: Andreas Weise/Andreas Öberg)
- "Sunday Morning" (Adam Levine/Jesse Carmichael/Michael Madden/Ryan Jusick/James Valentine)
- "Fragile" (text och music: Mats Tärnfors/Per Hed)
In the fall of 2014 Weise was the host of Idol Extra together with Malin Stenbäck from Mix Megapol. He also did a performance on the show with the song "Fly me to the moon".
During Christmas Weise did a nationwide tour, "Sinatra Christmas" together with Christer Sjögren and Gunhild Carling. The trio visited 16 cities in Sweden.
On November 25, 2014 Weise released a Christmas EP: Christmas Dream consisting of four newly composed Christmas songs. The album was released on Spotify and was a great success, especially the single Christmas Dream became popular on Swedish radio stations.
On November 25, 2014 SVT announced that Weise would participate i en 2015 edition of Melodifestivalen. The song "Bring out the fire" was written by Thomas G:son, Henrik Jansson and Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad.
The song competed in the third round of the competition, taking place in Östersund February 21, 2015. The song came third which meant that it got another chance to compete in the "Second Chance" competition in Helsingborg. All together the song got 450, 923 votes in the semifinal. The song became an instant hit among viewers and reached top 50 on the Spotifylist.
"Bring out the fire" became a great success for Weise who spent the summer of 2015 touring with the song.
On June 17. 2015 Weise release the single "More". The song is written by Andreas Weise himself, together with Fabian Ruben and Simon Erics.