Philip M. Stein (m. 1970), David May II (m. 1962–1968), Ty Hardin (m. 1958–1960)
Jeff Orison Hardin, John Richard Hardin (both with Ty Hardin)
May 3, 2022 (aged 86)
July 15, 1935 (age 86), Rockford, Illinois, U.S.
The Thing That Couldn't Die, Up Periscope, Yellowstone Kelly
Martin was most notable for appearing in many television series and a few movies while a contract player for Warner Bros. in the late 1950s and early 1960s. In 1958, she appeared in the horror film The Thing That Couldn't Die, about a 400-year-old head that uses telepathic control of various people to help him find his body. That same year, she won the Hollywood Debut Award. She was James Garner's leading lady in the 1959 film Up Periscope, and the daughter/secretary on the Perry Mason TV-series episode "The Case of the Prodigal Parent". She also played the role of defendant Arlene Ferris in the 1961 episode, "The Case of the Waylaid Wolf."
Martin played Wahleeah, a captive American Indian maiden who became the love interest of Clint Walker in Yellowstone Kelly (1959) and appeared in various television series, including Maverick in the episodes "Gun-Shy" with James Garner, "Hadley's Hunters" with Jack Kelly, and "Thunder from the North" with Roger Moore.
She also guest starred as a leading lady in series such as The Alaskans with Roger Moore, 77 Sunset Strip with Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Colt .45 with Wayde Preston, Bourbon Street Beat, Hawaiian Eye with Robert Conrad, Surfside Six, Bronco with Ty Hardin, Lawman with John Russell and Cheyenne with Clint Walker.
- She was an actress active from 1956 to 1963, known for her work with Warner Bros.
- Born and raised on a farm near Rockford, Illinois, Martin studied acting at Northwestern University and in New York.
- Her film debut was in "Street of Sinners" in 1957, and she won the Hollywood Debut Award in 1958.
- She starred in various TV series like "Perry Mason," "Maverick," "Bachelor Father," and "Wagon Train."
- Martin was a politically active Conservative Republican, voting in multiple U.S. presidential elections.
- She was married three times, to Ty Hardin, David May II, and Philip Stein, and had twin sons with Hardin.
Martin died on May 3, 2022, at the age of 86.