| Amudhan P|
| 1971Pazhaiyurpatti, Madurai, India|
Documentary filmmaker, Media activist
Amudhan R P Wikipedia
Amudhan R. P. (Tamil: புஷ்பம் ராமலிங்கம் அமுதன் (Puṣpam Rāmaliŋkam Amutaņ), born 1971 in Madurai) is a documentary film maker and media activist. Along with local youth, he founded Marupakkam, a media activism group that is involved with making documentaries, organising regular screenings, film festivals and media workshops in and around Madurai. He has been making documentaries since 1997. His prominent films include two trilogies on caste and nuclear radiation. 'Shit' has won the best film award at the One Billion Eyes film festival in 2005 and the National Jury Award at the MIFF 2006.
Amudhan R.P. founded Madurai International Documentary and Short Film Festival in 1998 and has been organising the festival since then.
- Leelavathi (Enfejar) (1996) - documentary
- Theeviravaghigal (Terrorists) (1997) - documentary
- Thodarum Thisavazhi (Direction to go) (2001) - documentary short
- Kaviri Padugai (Cauvery Delta) (2002- documentary short
- Pee (Shit) (2003) - documentary short
- Mayana Kurippugal (Notes from the Crematorium) (2005) - documentary short
- 'Vandhe Mataram - a shit version - music video
- Senthamil Nadenum Pothinile - music video
- Seruppu (Footwear) (2006) - feature-length documentary
- The Road' (2008) - documentary short
- Night Life (2008) - documentary short
- 'Radiation Stories Part 01 : Manavalakurichi - documentary
- 'Radiation Stories Part 02: Kalpakkam - documentary
- 'Broken Voices - documentary
- 'Radiation Stories Part 03: Koodankulam - feature-length documentary
- 'Thodarum Neethi Kolaihal - feature-length documentary
- Mercury in the Mist - documentary
- Hey Mr.Gandhii, Leave the Indians Alone! - documentary
- Dollar City - Feature-length documentary (in progress)
Amudhan R. P. has received awards like:Best film award, One Billion Eyes film festival in 2005.
The National Jury Award, 9th Mumbai International Film Festival in 2006.