| Leyla Imanova|
| Azerbaijan State Pantomime Theatre, International Mugham Center of Azerbaijan, Elmlər Akademiyası|
ANAS Central Library of Science (Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences) was established in 1923 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
ANAS Central Library of Science Wikipedia
Central Scientific Library started functioning as a Bibliography Bureau under “Azerbaijan Society of Research and Investigation” (“Azərbaycanı Tədqiq və Tətəbbö Cəmiyyəti” ATTC) with initiative and support of prominent Azerbaijani intelligentsia – Nariman Narimanov, Abdurrahim bey Hagverdiyev, Taghi Shahbazi, Hanafi Zeynalli and others in 1924. The “Bibliography Bureau” (1924) established under the guidance of outstanding literary-bibliographer, Professor Alexander Vasilyevich Baqriyin was the primary basis for the formation of CSL. It was made decision regarding establishment of Library at the meeting held by “Azerbaijan Society of Research and İnvestigation” in November 1923 and since that time Scientific Library has started functioning under the Society. At that time, the library collection consisted of 430 copies of books and 1200 pieces of precious manuscripts. In August, 1925, in order to prevent the reiteration in activities of the scientific library of the Society and Bibliography Bureau, it was established “Library-Bibliography Bureau” by uniting the Library of the Society with the Bibliography Bureau. Hanafi Zeynalli (1896-1938) - became a Chairman of the Bureau. The first steps towards the establishment of the Central Library were carried out in the years of 1923-1924. In 1945, in connection with establishment of independent Academy of Sciences, the new development phase started in the history of The Central Scientific Library. ANAS Central Scientific Library was called Fundamental Library in 1963-1984. Since 1984, the Fundamental Library has been called Central Scientific Library. ANAS Central Scientific Library (CSL) developed fundamentally in period of power of national leader Heydar Aliyev. Referring to the 54th item of the Article 5 of Charter of ANAS approved on a decree on January 4, 2003 of President of Azerbaijan Republic Heydar Aliyev, the Central Scientific Library (CSL) got the status of scientific institution. In 1925, the Central Scientific Library (CSL) established under the guidance of Hanafi Zeynalli in 90 years, became one of the country's largest libraries and played an irreplaceable role in the development of a science and in the training of scientific personnel. In different years, the Central Scientific Library was headed by S.M.Yahyazade, Y.İ.Tahirov, Nazim Akhundov, Rasim Kazimov, Mahbube Hasanova, Amin Efendiyev, Aybeniz Aliyeva-Kengerli. Currently, the director of ANAS CSL is Leyla Bekir Imanova, PhD in Medicine. ANAS CSL, which is considered the largest library on natural, technical and humanitarian sciences in Azerbaijan, obtains rich, universal book fund storing up to 3 million copies of book in more than 50 languages of world peoples. .
ANAS Central Scientific Library (SCL) was elected a member of International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions in 1993.  In 2012, ANAS SCL was received as a full member of the Association of Scientific Libraries under the Council of Europe. ANAS SCL is the first library, which is a member of this organization, among libraries acting in Azerbaijan.  SCL is a center of international book exchange in the republic. ANAS SCL builds relationships with the United States, England, France, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, CIS and other countries’ organizations (Academies, universities, libraries, private organizations, museums, individual scientists, writers, public figures) and implements literature and information exchange.  The United States is in the first place among countries in terms of the number of partner (more than 80 organizations). It can be mentioned as active partners - the Library of Congress in Washington, the Library of the University of Michigan, the University of California in Los Angeles, the Library of the University of Illinois. Also, book exchange is implemented with London Institute of Geography, Asia Society, British Museum of England, the National Library in Paris, Hamburg Institute of Zoology, Japan's Earthquake Research Institute in Tokyo and the Library of the Institute of Mathematics and others.  CSL held meetings with representatives of several embassies accredited in our country during the year 2015 within the framework of these relationships. - Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Morocco to Azerbaijan Hassan Hami (April 9, 2015) - Deputy Head of Mission of the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates to Azerbaijan Abdulla Yasim Al-Shamsi (April 21, 2015) - Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Mohammad Taqi Khalili (April 23, 2015) - Chargé d'Affaires of the Embassy of the Kingdom of Sweden to Azerbaijan, Thomas Danestad (April 30, 2015) - Ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary of Iraq to Azerbaijan, Heydar Shiya Gubeyshi Al-Barrak (May 4, 2015) - Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Turkmenistan to Azerbaijan, Toyli Komekov (May 5, 2015) - Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Palestine to Azerbaijan, Nasser Abdul Karim (May 6, 2015) - Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of South Korea to Azerbaijan, Choi Suk-inn (May 20, 2015) - Deputy permanent of the Embassy of Colombia to Azerbaijan, Jose Khater Pena (May 29, 2015) - Chief Advisor of the Embassy of the Russian Federation to Azerbaijan, Alexander Gladkov (May 29, 2015) • A group of CSL visited the United Kingdom on January 8, 2015. During the visit, a number of important meetings were held and studied the experience of libraries in the British Libraries situated in London and in New York. • A group of CSL participated in "X International Book Fair" and international scientific conference on "The book is the way of progress and cooperation" held in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan - on September 28, 2015. • CSL was represented at the 34th international book exhibition on November 7, 2015. • A group of CSL visited the Russian State Library and the Presidential Library named after Yeltsin. As a result of the visit, colleagues became acquainted with the experiences in the field of library staff management, bibliography-information technology and programming the Russian colleagues. .
.Literature fund in Azerbaijani language – There are 79 171 pieces of books in the fund. Also, there are 18 530 journals, 1 514 newspapers, 5 856 dissertations, 15 993 abstracts and 56 334 continuous publications in the fund.
• Literature fund in Russian language – includes over 600 thousand copies. It contains various scientific and artistic literatures, dictionaries, photocopies and the press publications belonging the period from the Middle Ages to the present day.
• Literature fund in eastern languages - includes over 73 855 thousand copies. The appreciable books and journals (respectively 427 and 847 pieces) and private archive materials of the turklogy section of Georg Hazai’s private library are stored in the fund. In the fund, Orientalist, Associate member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, State Prize Laureate of the USSR, Y.E. Bertels’s 4 384 books, Professor, World-renowned orientalist Y.A. Belyayev’s 233 books, Orientalist scholar B.N.Zaxoder’s 2 115 books, diplomat Zahid Huseynzade’s 478 books and Maestro Niyazi’s 62 books gifted are stored.
• Literature fund in Western European languages – owns 59 503 copies of book, 150 500 journals. The fund carries out book exchange with great libraries, organizations, universities and scientists of states of Western Europe.
• Rare book Fund - there are 14 215 copies of publication. Personal collection of numismatic scholar Y.A.Pakhomov deserves attention. There is scientific literature about archeology, ethnography, numismatic of Azerbaijan in the collection. There are universal encyclopedias such as “Encyclopaedia of Americana”, “Encyclopaedia of Britannica”, “Alpha encyclopaedia”, “La grande encyclopaedigue universelle en couleure” and etc., social science encyclopedias such as “Encyclopaedia of İslam”, “Encyclopaedia İranica” and etc.
• Periodical press fund - 2 757 newspapers, 303 320 magazines, 640 photocopies, 9 062 press chronicles and 66 561 continuing publications in Azerbaijani, Russian and foreign languages are stored. • Dissertation Fund - is consist of 51 168 copies. The fund includes in addition to dissertations in Azerbaijan, Russian and other languages, abstracts. There are electronic versions (in discs) of dissertations with their printed versions.
• Exchange Fund - the volume is not constant. The Fund implements literature and information exchange by contacting with libraries, academies, scientific-research institutes, universities, publishing houses of USA, many European countries as well as Turkey, Iran, Saudi Arabia, the CIS countries.
• Secondary Fund - volume is 2 181 copies.
• Private collections Fund - includes 4 178 print products. The fund owns collections of well-known intellectuals, such as Eugenie Bertels, Boris Zakhoder, Zahid Huseynzade, maestro Niyazi, Georg Hazai, Rodob Ivanov, Pokhomov, Imam Mustafayev, Mirza Ibrahimov, Michael Useynov, Khudu Mammadov, Rasim Kerimov, Abbas Zamanov as well as collections of Azerbaijan Society of Petroleum Geologists, Nakhchivan section of ANAS, National History Museum of ANAS.
• There are reading rooms on each floor of the library and their total number is 14. In each hall, there is self-check equipment, scanner, open book storage, access to electronic and traditional catalog and rest rooms. The reading rooms can serve for more than 1,000 readers at the same time. The reading rooms vary in terms of their capacity: a 10-person reading room (for the persons with poor sight abilities), the 50-person Dissertation and Academicians halls and the 160-person reading rooms.
• Academicians’ hall - creates a special work condition for the scientists who are academicians of Academy of Sciences, and provides the fast access to the wide range literature and the space of international information.
• Dissertation hall - Dissertations and auto-synopsis are submitted for use in the open book of dissertation hall. In this hall, scientific works and dissertations (if their subjects are not closed) are discussed in format of report for public and it is planned collecting innovative proposals and submitting them to innovation department of ANAS.
• “Zəkalı” (“Intelligent”) discussion room was supplied with modern equipment. It can simultaneously reflect and concentrate suggestions, corrections, design and etc. of 20 experts and provides possibilities for “hearing” all of fast discussions and opinions by VHV screen facilitator. It is used while discussions of Board members, experts, designers, working groups.
• In Conference hall, national and international events, meetings with scientists and writers, anniversaries, conferences, presentations of scientific researchers are carried out in a specific format.